Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

customizing our vette

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
My wife and I have been planning a new thing for our vette its a 1982 we have a 87 complete dash but its to large and I am planning on downsizing it a tad to fit in her car she just loves all the digital stuff I guess making it fit wont be a problem but do any of you know if a C-4 steering column will work in the 82 will the column need any mods to make it fit or will it directly hook up

thanks again

I think it is a great idea. I am pretty adventurist, but I would not bother to install an 87 i/p in the C3. Mainly because there are a couple of good aftermarket digital dash manufactures out there with everything you need for a direct fit. Then again, where is the fun in that? Dakota Digital has a complete C3 digital dash for about $900.

The steering column is a great idea. I think it will just have to be trial and error. I looked into it myself. You will have to custom fab the linkage, and the connectors are all different. There is no doubt with a good welder and raw stock material you could match up the mounting flange and go from there.

Good luck and keep us posted. Sounds like a fun project.

69myway

the car has been alot of fun for my wife and I .. I bought the car for her a few years ago as a christmas present and after a year we decided to make the car different with a little of the old and a little of the new so far we have 87 corvette seats in the car I grafted a 74 vette convertible clip on it so it has the factory look to it, we chose a hard-top over the soft top because we both dont like the way soft tops tend to buldge and inflate when you go fast, and the soft tops look like they take alot of maintence to keep them looking good, we choose to leave the body stock looking with the exception of a L-88 hood .... when its done I will be sure to post pics of the car

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom