Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cutting off C5 stock mufflers

Resonators

Sorry Les,
I forgot to tell you. I bought the resonators and put them on. This was maybe three weeks ago. It really did the trick. Thanks alot for refering me to J.C. Whitney. It is not as loud as before. Took the loud edge off that's for sure. It still sounds good without being over the top loud!!!!!!!!! Thanks Again, Todd

Good deal Todd,glad I could help. I'm thinking about sound insulation. Have you ever triied it?

Todd:
I have a Bassani on my C5 great sound and about 10-15 extra horsepower. You will need to turn up the radio if you go with straight pipes while cursing on Route 3.

Tom
PS. Never got the package you were going to send.

Bassani

How do those sound? Did you get the x pipe too? Have you compared them to borla or corsa? I need to do something about the lack of balls sound. My 84 sounds killer and it is a shame that the 99 sounds so tame.
--Drew:w

TODD and Les

Ok I'm a little late hear, the SLP loud mouth is just like straight pipes and its LOUD. I went with loud but with more of a low rumble at idle and a 16 cylinder sound at WOT. It been said on other forums that the "Women will be grabing there kids and running" lol :D I have replaced the stock exhaust with a Borla XR Stinger exhaust and I love it. With a 6 speed you can vary the sound.

Also people with runflats won't here the road noise either. :W

Sounds great,

I don't know if I have heard the Stingers or not but one of my corvette club buddys is about to put them on his c-5. I'll check them out!!. :upthumbs

??????????

HI ALLLLLLL

I'M JUST WANNNA BE SURE THAT UESING PIPES WITH OUT MUFFLERS NOT CAUZI'N ANY ENGINE TROUBLE

IS THE THIS SOUND LOOK LILKE VIPER GTS ???????

I HOPE LIKE MY CARS PIC ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom