Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Daily Driver Durability?

Howdy,

New member here. No Vette yet. Just started shopping for the right low mileage C6 Z51 coupe. May have found it already. 2007 Z51 28,300 miles, clean car facts, been in San Diego it's entire life, with HUD but no NAV. I'll go look again tomorrow armed with new info I found on this site today and figure out what trim this car has. Looks brand spanking new. Every nook and cranny. Even the underside.

My new (to me) Corvette will be driven most every day. Autocrossed many a weekend and will attend a few track days per year. Just like I drive my little Miata right now.

Question I have for y'all now is about daily driver durability and the C6. Lot's of electronics, removable tops and such has me wondering if the rewards will ultimately be worth the cost...or potential costs. Is this car up to the task? The windows gonna fall out or the top going to de-laminate and leak? Fussy electronic gremlins?

I have not invested enough time in C6 research yet to fully know what I'm getting into here. So if you don't mind sharing with me... How have your C6's been treating you for the most part?

Thank you so much :w

Howdy,

Question I have for y'all now is about daily driver durability and the C6. Lot's of electronics, removable tops and such has me wondering if the rewards will ultimately be worth the cost...or potential costs. Is this car up to the task? The windows gonna fall out or the top going to de-laminate and leak? Fussy electronic gremlins?
Thank you so much :w

Our Vettes have been mostly daily drivers for years. I drive my '08 Vette Vert to work 4 days a week. Until late last year, my wife drove her '06 coupe every day to work. It held up well and got great mileage as a daily driver. The coupe had the roof creaks and the recall. It was replaced, no problems afterward. No leaks either. Everything worked right up to the day we sold it. I think the C6 is a great daily driver.

the dependability is just as good as any other car out there. The gas mileage might be better than some of the little imports too...lol. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your car.

Thank you for the responses. Now if I can convince myself that I really don't need that velocity yellow ZO6 then I can move forward and get it done :upthumbs

Thank you for the responses. Now if I can convince myself that I really don't need that velocity yellow ZO6 then I can move forward and get it done :upthumbs

You know I'm thinking you DO need that VY Z06......I mean if your gonna get one get the best one........you deserve it...........:naughty:

You know I'm thinking you DO need that VY Z06......I mean if your gonna get one get the best one........you deserve it...........:naughty:
I like the way you think :beer Thank you sir! Major problem with having a car that's too pretty is you have to expose it to idiots with no respect in those itty-bitty spaces in parking lots.

I like the way you think :beer Thank you sir! Major problem with having a car that's too pretty is you have to expose it to idiots with no respect in those itty-bitty spaces in parking lots.

The average idiot you refer to doesn't know the difference between a regular C6 or a ZO6 or ZR1 for that matter. They just have no respect period.

I hear you on the idiots.......consider this.......buying the Z06 will be better for your health because you will park way out of the idiot zone and get the added healthy exercise when walking further in to your destination........ :thumb

I hear you on the idiots.......consider this.......buying the Z06 will be better for your health because you will park way out of the idiot zone and get the added healthy exercise when walking further in to your destination........ :thumb
Agreed on the idiots. I stopped using my Vette for errands after my first one a 69 350/350 Coupe White on Red. Even if you park out of the way, some idiot will park right up against you, happened tooo many times, joy rides mostly for me. Have fun:upthumbs

Definitely. Great for your ego and your health. Doctor approved... LOL

I just traded my little Miata for my C6, so I relate to your situation. I've only had my Victory Red coupe a little over a week, and I'm thrilled. She's no Miata, and I mean that in the best possible way (loved that little car). I find I'm backing her into parking spots waaaay away from the rest of the sheeple and praying that no-one has an absurd need to park right next to me. Just say no to door-dings..... Enjoy the C6. I promise you'll smile every time you get in her, and you'll wonder why you didn't buy one years ago.

No C6 for me yet

Well once again Daddy's needs are put back burner. Family first. No C6 for me at this time. I'll get my chance someday soon I'm sure....sob :eyerole

I DD my 86 C4 everyday 40 miles round trip. At 214,xxx on the ODO. In time you run into small repairs such as any car would, however the satisfaction of the durability and quality in the Vette surpasses most every day, being a DD. These cars are meant to be driven. Good luck on your purchase!

-Sean

Four years and 15,000 miles on my daily driver 2008 coupe and it's running like a top. The only problem I've had on this car was some weird grinding sound in the transaxle, it was fixed under warranty. This car is amazing, it's powerful, comfortable, and gorgeous. It's easy to drive around town, but get it on the highway and stomp the gas and it's off like a rocket. This car is perfect as an everyday driver, I've been very happy with it. It's difficult for me to imagine how the c7 will be better than this car. Some people might gripe about the interior, but the interior is fine, it's not covered with acres of fitted leather but do you really want that in an everyday driver?

C4-C5-C6, My DD's since 93'. Don't think I'll see a C7, I want to retire.
The vette has minor issues and annoyance's just as every vehicle does - but it has been a wonderful ride and I don't see myself owning any other car.

Holds up to the daily grind

Not a problem with the DD thing. I bought my 2008 Z51 new in December of 2007 to drive, and will have done 178000+ by the end of the week. Replaced both rear tire sensors, exterior hatch button, and driver's door latch on the electrical side. Had to replace the air conditioner compressor (and the brake line that was cut in two when the AC clutch reached out and touched it). Not a show car by any means now, but a true road warrior that is averaging 26.8 MPG and sees full range of the gas pedal almost every day.

Down side is buying tires on a regular basis, and hitting the gas pump every other day. (I do a little over 150 miles, five days a week. A lot of highway miles as the MPG average shows)

I saw that last Friday was drive your vette to work day. I can appreciate not wanting to mess up the car, but I really love to drive and the only time I don't drive it to work is when I think the water will be to high on the road. Then I break out the old four banger S10 pick up.

Have no fear of having a daily driven Corvette!

Regards
Bob

Not a problem with the DD thing. I bought my 2008 Z51 new in December of 2007 to drive, and will have done 178000+ by the end of the week. Replaced both rear tire sensors, exterior hatch button, and driver's door latch on the electrical side. Had to replace the air conditioner compressor (and the brake line that was cut in two when the AC clutch reached out and touched it). Not a show car by any means now, but a true road warrior that is averaging 26.8 MPG and sees full range of the gas pedal almost every day.

Down side is buying tires on a regular basis, and hitting the gas pump every other day. (I do a little over 150 miles, five days a week. A lot of highway miles as the MPG average shows)

I saw that last Friday was drive your vette to work day. I can appreciate not wanting to mess up the car, but I really love to drive and the only time I don't drive it to work is when I think the water will be to high on the road. Then I break out the old four banger S10 pick up.

Have no fear of having a daily driven Corvette!

Regards
Bob

Its nice to see or hear new ones being driven so much. All the ones i see in my area ar sunday drivers only.

As for the parking far away thing. Its cool when you do that and come out to another vette beside yours :D

For a DD I would look for one with the F55 option. Better riding and has a sport mode for that firmer ride when you want to play. No NAV either, Garmin much better and cheaper. :)

My '92 Vette went 12 years and 111K miles before I sold it.
Our '03 AE vert was 5 years old and had 45k miles when we sold it.
Our '06 DSOM coupe was 6 years old and 55k miles when it moved on.
Last month our '08 vert moved on with 45K miles.

The Vette makes a great daily driver. It gets good mileage, it's fun to drive, it's comfortable and it is as reliable as any other vehicle on the market.

My wife and I usually park at the outer edges of parking lots and take the short walk to the office or the store. Partly to keep door dings from others down and partly to make it easier for us to get in and out - the doors on a Vette are huge - and the walk is good for us - and it saves gas as we're not driving around the parking lot looking for that "up close to the door" spot.

Four years and 15,000 miles on my daily driver 2008 coupe and it's running like a top. The only problem I've had on this car was some weird grinding sound in the transaxle, it was fixed under warranty. This car is amazing, it's powerful, comfortable, and gorgeous. It's easy to drive around town, but get it on the highway and stomp the gas and it's off like a rocket. This car is perfect as an everyday driver, I've been very happy with it. It's difficult for me to imagine how the c7 will be better than this car. Some people might gripe about the interior, but the interior is fine, it's not covered with acres of fitted leather but do you really want that in an everyday driver?

Communting in Hawaii? I'd love to have your commute. I've been to Oahu twice and I am itching to go back!:thumb But, how do you even drive 15,000 in Hawaii?:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom