Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Driver

There are many things I love about California, but there are a few things that I absolutely can't stand! The smog inspections have always pegged my annoyance meter since they instituted it back in 1984. I mean, what's the point of passing a visual if the car actually passes the sniff test at the tailpipe? :mad

Sorry for the rant. It's just that I can't even put long tube headers on mine since it is illegal as it removes the Pre-Cats. I can do the other bolt-ons, all the way to a camshaft and cylinder heads but not that! It's ridiculous. However, I figure I can bet around 300 rwhp with bolt-ons and a new Chip from TPIS without going to a crate motor.

If you have an LT1, there are tons of bolt on mods, as well as cylinder head and camshaft upgrades you can do to it and get around 400 rwhp. If you find the right tuner for your ECM, it's easily within reach. I've seen it done in a few Corvette publications.

There are many things I love about California, but there are a few things that I absolutely can't stand! The smog inspections have always pegged my annoyance meter since they instituted it back in 1984. I mean, what's the point of passing a visual if the car actually passes the sniff test at the tailpipe? :mad

Sorry for the rant. It's just that I can't even put long tube headers on mine since it is illegal as it removes the Pre-Cats. I can do the other bolt-ons, all the way to a camshaft and cylinder heads but not that! It's ridiculous. However, I figure I can bet around 300 rwhp with bolt-ons and a new Chip from TPIS without going to a crate motor.

If you have an LT1, there are tons of bolt on mods, as well as cylinder head and camshaft upgrades you can do to it and get around 400 rwhp. If you find the right tuner for your ECM, it's easily within reach. I've seen it done in a few Corvette publications.

Yes, I've got an LT1... and I agree that it can be done... I just need to save my pennies and make it happen....

Oh yeah it ain't cheap! I priced out the mods to get to my target of 300 rwhp on my L98 and it was close to $5k! The most expensive part is the removal of the engine to install the camshaft.

So maybe I'll just stick with bolt on's. :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom