Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Drivers - where do you spend your time, when not driving your Callaway Corvette

jonstr

...maybe we should have a thread on what our daily drivers, currently are :eek:hnoes

Current daily driver is an Avalanche, but a bone stock low-end one. :D Looking back I probably should have just kept the Yukon XL and used it as a tow vehicle. At the time we were looking to sell my wife's BMW and the truck and get a smaller SUV. She liked the Cayenne, and I talked her into getting the Turbo so that it would have the towing capacity for my trailer. Then, after the deal was done she informed me that there was no way I was towing a car trailer with her new Cayenne. So I ended up buying the Avalanche. I was able to get a new Avalanche for what I got for the Yukon XL, so at least I didn't have much out of pocket expense, but the Avalanche isn't nearly as cool as the Yukon was...

Jon, My wife won't let me tow with her Jeep Cherokee, so I use the tank to pull the trailer :eek:hnoes
It is a great truck to tow with, but a gas pig for daily use.

With that said, the place I have spent my time mostly when not driving our Callaways however, is in the Chevy Cavalier. Cheap on gas, it is the kind of car that one does not have to care about when parking in a lot, and letting it bake in the sun. Garage kept for 80% + of its life, it is in GREAT shape!

Tomorrow though, I am putting it for sale... I wonder how much of the original investment we will get back on the car ;shrug We bought it new, and I have replaced it with another car - I will have to find pictures of that one - but in the meantime...

Cavalier:
(Designed by John Cafaro - designer of the C5 Corvette, you can see cues of the C5 in it ;) )

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't spend any time driving a Callaway Corvette. :( But when not driving the Z, I'm in here:

2657aurora_interior.jpg

It's actually a pretty fun car to drive, it rides nice, has good power, and sounds great. Fun you can use more often on a daily commute anyway. Doesn't make me smile like 7,000 rpm in the 'vette though.

It's actually a pretty fun car to drive, it rides nice, has good power, and sounds great. Fun you can use more often on a daily commute anyway. Doesn't make me smile like the 'vette though.

:upthumbs I hear ya'

Here is my new "DD" - the old blue one went for sale this morning :w

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow that's some deep tint! Nice car, should be a lot more comfortable than that Cavalier.

My weekend car doesn't compare to a Callaway, but when I don't get to drive the Z28, I am driving my Corolla. I'm not very satisfied with it, but it gets me around. I can park it anywhere and not care about door dings and my iPod can go through the tape adapter, so it's not so bad.
corolla.jpg

This is my favorite picture, but I don't have it uploaded without the Photoshopped add-ons.
callawaycorolla.jpg

Is that an undercover police car?:L Looks similar to one or two I saw in the Dallas area:D
Naaaah, he'd be rolling on black steel wheels if he was a cop. The big spotlight on the driver's side mirror is always a dead giveaway as well! :D

It's the official car of Texas ;LOL Complete with Canadian pl8s ;squint:

What do you drive, when not in one of the "fleet" :confused :m
I normally drive a Cadillac, Escalade or Eldorado. That's because I work for Cadillac. I am waiting for the Eldo to expire for a can start to drive one of the WS6 Trans Ams. My wife mostly drives the Escalade (until I install the supercharger sitting in the garage).:D

I normally drive a Cadillac, Escalade or Eldorado. That's because I work for Cadillac. I am waiting for the Eldo to expire for a can start to drive one of the WS6 Trans Ams. My wife mostly drives the Escalade (until I install the supercharger sitting in the garage).:D

I almost forgot how much in heaven you were in Ultra Slow's Caddy garage :upthumbs

Good deal!:w

:upthumbs I hear ya'

Here is my new "DD" - the old blue one went for sale this morning :w

attachment.php

attachment.php

Today, I took the new "DD" to the car wash, as I have been doing a lot of traveling lately and the car was bug-coated... :lou

The big occasion today, was it now has MORE MILES in 4 MONTHS than my red B2K has on it in 19 YEARS :W

What a neat car, both the Callaway TT and the new daily driver :w

Today, I took the new "DD" to the car wash, as I have been doing a lot of traveling lately and the car was bug-coated... :lou

The big occasion today, was it now has MORE MILES in 4 MONTHS than my red B2K has on it in 19 YEARS :W

What a neat car, both the Callaway TT and the new daily driver :w

In nine mos, I have now put more miles on this car than I have on my SNAT. And I DO drive the SNAT! :cool

...I think at this rate, I may get close to 20k in one year :eek:hnoes :W

Where do you spend your time when not behind the wheel of your Callaway???? :w

The ultimate grocery getter (daily)... And the other toy as well....:upthumbs And the wifes SUV

attachment.php

Is this a TURBO as well???

That would look sweet, lowered and tinted dark! :cool

Indeed... 2004 V70 2.5 Turbo (detuned R motor)... I put R rims on it... I think they are the best looking stock Volvo rims!!.... It will suprise many people :eek:hnoes even just being front wheel drive, turn off the traction and she will light em up all day!! I put the 30% reflective tint as you can see in the pic... I dont see real well at night (really bad eyes) so the dark tint is out for me :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom