Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Damn Curbs!!!!

whitehedr

Corvette
06 Monterey Red Metallic Z51 Coupe
So I am taking my father-in-law to the hearinmg aid store today. I pull into the parking space and I feel this slight tremor....My first scratch.....I am bummed!!!!! Right under the fog light on the right side of the car........It is gonna need paint, I am sure......Did I say I was bummed!!!!!

RWW

Yeah, I know that if you drive 'em they will get a ding now and then and yep I will get it fixed. It just bummed me out that it happened so soon.....:cry :cry :cry

RWW

I had a similiar incident a few weeks ago: I was cruising thru the local K n K supermarket parking lot with the top down, 60's music on and feeling GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD and what do I do? I try to maneuver around a speed bump and POW! slightly scrap the curb with the right, front tire; thought for SURE i hit the chrome rim. When I got home and pulled into the garage, i swear i got religion (again-got it the first time when I was wounded in Iraq in 2004), I inspected the wheel and nothing but a little yellow curb paint on the tire! The wheel had been spared! I couldn't believe it!!! The damn run flats are so strong, I actually thought I hit the curb with the wheel. UNBELIEVABLE! Needless to say, I'll be going over those speed bumps from now on but very, very slowly instead of trying to go around them.

And you know it coming when you feel the front air-dam scrape. It's an educated guess as to how far to pull up to a curb, I try and look out the driver side window and gauge my travel, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.
Hey 6 Shooter, that's my car. what year is your Convertible, mine is a 2001.
Walt

YEP - Here's her garage 8 months of the year...

68Roadster said:
Garage Queen.........
DriveEm-TheyDontMelt.jpg

I saw that on television, "Garage Queen eye for the straight guy on the way to some broke back mountain." :) :L

With 3 1/4" road clearance I'm in constant fear of every bump and only drive roads I know well close to home, and boy do I hate speed bumps..............:ugh

I know the feeling. Was trying to park my 02 C5 "out of harms way" so I targeted a spot near a concrete island. Like an idiot I totally misjuged. Suddenly the back right tire is going up over the curb just slightly, then slid off and the rocker panel kissed the curb. I could've killed me :r . Followed by an embarrassed look around to see if anyone saw the evil deed.

My motto when I park..is "stop short"....I have a $1200 stock-offered aero front bumper with integrated front lip and thus far have no scratches...good practice for when I get a vette:D(part of the full aero kit front, sides and rear..which it has)

Pic on the Right: first bumper that came on it...did not care much about that one--with an unpainted lower.

Me too. I finally broke down and put my front plate back on after two tickets :( I bought a mount from Zips. The bottom edge is a couple of inches below the bottom of the front end, so I'm super paranoid about parking curbs.

curb rash who doesn't get this? I think it is like swirls just about unavoidable especially in a car like this because you can't see anything from within to park between cars. The lips or rim protector of the factory tires will only protect your wheels on minor bumps on curbs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom