Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dang! could this be true

That's the same magazine that many years ago downgraded Corvette due to lack of room to carry more passengers and because it rode rough (like a sportscar). I long ago cancelled my subscription to that rag.

Consumer reports: 2007 Corvette among the least reliable

Most Reliable Sport/Sporty car
Most reliable (Best score first) Lexus SC
Toyota Camry Solara (4-cyl.)
Subaru Impreza WRX
Honda S2000
Mitsubishi Eclipse*
2006 Mini Cooper hatchback

Least reliable (Worst score first) Pontiac Solstice*
Mercedes-Benz SL
Mercedes-Benz CLK
Mercedes-Benz SLK (V6)
Chevrolet Corvette
Porshce 911 Carrera
Ford Mustang (V6)

Overall Road Test Score:
Corvette (base) 81
Corvette (Z06) 93

Consumer Reports hates American made (read GM, F#$%, and DamnChrysler), especially Corvettes.

Then again, Corvette owners are a picky crowd and take their cars back to the dealer for lots of things.
I'm not sure CU hates American made.

They may just hate American capitalism...

Maybe CU takes their thinking from SCCA...

I think that CR compiles reports on cars over a four or five year period and then averages the results. This may be a ding for the C6, since it has been out only since 2005.

The roof delamination issue does not help. BTW, after receiving the recall letter from GM, my C6 was given a clean bill of health. I could tell that my roof was okay. Bummed me out to go across town for my dealer to check it out. Had to take a free loaner to drive, for the day. But I have the paper work to show my roof is okay.

Fit and finish of the interior and exterior is perfect. Not a rattle to be heard. Paint is 100% prefect. Only minor issue was the ashtray door would not stay closed. Dealer replaced under warrenty, now no issues. The ashtray was so very minor of an issue, that I would not report it to CR.

I never take what CR says as the last word, in considering a car. I talk to friends, read non-consumer advocate automobile media reviews and drive the car myself. Some CR issues regard ashtray placement, cupholder placement, or where the radio is located. Many of the issues they talk about mean nothing to me so, I ignore most of what CR reports. The cars they recommend, I bearly slow down to look at autoshows.

Gburg

Todays Corvette is much more reliable than the older Corvettes and better made.

CR

I still subscribe to CR and I find that you really have to read what criteria they use to make their ratings/rankings. I'm really not to sure that they don't accept donations from manufactures in order to have their products reviewed. It's almost like payola.

P.S. They were right on though with their review of laundry detergent.:L

P.S.S. It is also quite apparent that they are far to the left in the political spectrum.:eyerole

P.S.S.S. I love my corvette and it is the best damn car I have ever owned. I get the most joy, the most looks, and the most girls with my Corvette; but then again I never did have trouble getting girls; even in my VW.:cool

Say what one will say, but I like a car that feels and drives like a car. I believe I must have learned from the feel of seat of one's pants driving. I actually believe that the automobile manufactures have gone to far in the luxury arena for most people. What do I mean by this? Too many people get in these new cars, windows up, and forget they are driving, taking their life and others into their hands. They ignore the many laws of physics which are in play, until crunch time happens. X number of pounds moving at a certain velocity, coefficient of friction for stopping etc.

No! I like the feel and the sense of knowing what is happening around me. :upthumbs

I still subscribe to CR and I find that you really have to read what criteria they use to make their ratings/rankings. I'm really not to sure that they don't accept donations from manufactures in order to have their products reviewed. It's almost like payola.

P.S. They were right on though with their review of laundry detergent.:L

P.S.S. It is also quite apparent that they are far to the left in the political spectrum.:eyerole

P.S.S.S. I love my corvette and it is the best damn car I have ever owned. I get the most joy, the most looks, and the most girls with my Corvette; but then again I never did have trouble getting girls; even in my VW.:cool

If you need to use a car to get girls that's pretty :L bad.

Girls

If you need to use a car to get girls that's pretty :L bad.

Actually when I was younger and poorer I drove the girls cars; stayed at their places and accepted their offers of home cooked meals.:cool

Freeloader

Actually they all got to enjoy my company; and I never charged for my services.:L

Reliability

if a CORVETTE is least reliable, how come its been around since 1953 and constantly being produced ? foreign cars have problems just as much as americans.

YOU GOT TO LOVE'EM TO OWN 'EM.
wHO'S GOING TO PAY $50,000-$80.000 DOLLARS AND ADMIT IN A SURVEY THEY GOT A CRAPPY CAR.

ONE REMINDER CONSUMER REPORTS TAKES ITS RESULTS FROM THE OWNERS OF THESE CARS WITH THEIR SURVEY THEY SEND OUT EVERY YEAR. ALSO 5000 MILES AND HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO THE DEALER FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD? YOU CALL THAT GOOD? TALK TO A CAMRY OWNER. I KNOW I KNOW A DIFFERENT CAR ALTOGETHER BUT ITS THE CULTURE/ REMEMBER THE SUPRA?

WWR

Supra

I had a Supra, damn good car, dual overhead cams, turbo, hubba hubba.:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom