Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Board Light Problem

yungnbord

Corvette
2004 Triple Black Convertible
I had this issue last summer and worked on it a bit with the advice I received… I’m still having trouble but have a better understanding of the symptoms.

I have an ’87, automatic and the dashboard digital display is not working properly.

Symptoms:
- Headlights off – display fine
- Headlights on daytime – display fine
- Blinker & lights/high beam indicator lights – fine always
- Interior brightness control on headlight switch… does not work… only bright setting; it does not matter if the lights are on or off, no control.
- Lights on shifter always off.
- Headlights on nighttime – Digital display slowly over about 30 seconds fades off.
o I can take a flashlight and shine it into the “light” sensor on the dash and the digital display will come back on. Once I turn off the flashlight it slowly, over 30 seconds fades to off.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.

Erik

I'll get one on order and give it a shot! I'l post how it goes...

Erik

- Headlights on nighttime – Digital display slowly over about 30 seconds fades off.
o I can take a flashlight and shine it into the “light” sensor on the dash and the digital display will come back on. Once I turn off the flashlight it slowly, over 30 seconds fades to off.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help.

Erik

The light switch is a problem, but you also may have a problem in the light sensor circuit on the digital display, it may only have a cold solder connection. I would suggest reading this link which has save me alot of money, about the digital dash

http://www.batee.com/corvette/dcrg/index.shtml

good luck - let us know how you make out.
- Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom