Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Dash letter emblem inserts, sill inserts ?

I never put these diecut letters on the dash but I have on the rear fasia and you absolutely have to be very careful once you place them there are there so be cautious :ugh as to get them straight to start with. Very little room for error! Also very important to clean them with denatured alcohol or something for sure :eek:hnoes

Bill :w

I had the last E in Corvette come loose on the back end. One other letter was also a bit loose. Ended up taking all the letters off. Now there is some glue residue in the letter indentations. It is tough stuff and I'm having a difficult time removing it. Any ideas?

Try Goo Gone.

I recieved my emblems yesterday... man are they nice!!! I'll be putting them in the Z16 this weekend. The Commemorative emblems really are NICE!!! :drool:

Cyberdine graphics

They have the consistancy of rubber. I don't think it's a problem!

I was concened likewise, but once I got the emblems, I saw that they are about 1/32 thing and are really quite soft. If the airbags deployed, there is very little chance of any of these emblems to harm anyone. Their soft and their very same.

PCBunn, If you do a search at Google you'll find the outlet in Staten Island, NY who sells the ' Bondpak Primer Pen' #4298 or www.bondprousa.com

For the dashboard, I wore latex gloves and used the #4298 primer pen and soaked the end of a Q-tip and swabbed out the indented letters, then use the tweezers and carefully removed the letter from the clear backing, and laid them into the indented letters on the dash, then using the blunt end of the tweezers, pushed them down to make a good solid bond. Since my 2003 Corvette 50th. anniversary edition, I put the 50th emblem on the steering wheel, and I used gold letters on the passenger side because they accent the gold lettering in the fender and seat backs embroidered head rests. Cyberdinegraphics make a really wonderful product.

Killian, Got infor on application of Bondpro in this thread,,,thanks.

I scanned a profile , so you can have an idea of what it looks like. One "Pen" is enough to do at least five or six corvettes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom