Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Light Problem. PLEASE HELP

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
I took out my C5 Vert tonight and when I put the lights on the 1&2 buttons on the right pod stack (I believe fuel & trip or options) did not illuminate. Did not flicker but both would go on for a few minutes and off for a few. I hate things that don't work. Any ideas. Thanks, Mike

Just sounds like the bulb is going out or loose. There is one bulb for every 2 buttons. You have to pull the IPC to replace. The bulbs are set into a plastic base that rotates into place. You can get used replacements since they have a blue tint on the bulb. GM does not have replacement to my knowledge, I looked in the past. I located some good used ones for my parts inventory. You can remove the bulb from the base and replace the bulb with a Radio Shack 272-1092 one. You would have to tint the bulb to match.

Marc at VetteNuts.com should be able to provide correct bulbs (with base). If not, let me know, I have another source.

Here is how to access, looks harder than it really is. Some people are able to remove the Knee Bolster without removing the console pieces. Just don't break it that way at the ignition key area.

Installation of Vette Essentials' Custom Emergency Brake Handle and Boot

Let me know if I can help further.

Mr. Sam

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom