Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dash Rattle

Reno Rob

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Vert
I have an annoying dash rattle in the area of the passenger side air bag. How do I get the air bag dash panel off? Is it safe to do so? Could I accidently activate the air bag?

I have an annoying squeaking noise coming from over in the airbag/passenger area too... It is slowly driving me nuts, and nothing is loose on the outside, so I don't know where it is coming from, so I really don't even know where to begin taking things apart... anyone else out there have squeaks or rattles and know how to fix them?

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one suffering from that rattling sound. And like you guys I have no idea how to go about fixing it.:( Sorry.

Jason

My 89 vert has a similar rattle type squeak in the same location. I don't have air bags so my problem may be different. But misery likes comapny.

Radar :hb

I have the same problem. Haven't had the time to fix it but have located the source (at least for my car). It is the A/C vent on the passenger side of the dash. Mine has gotten loose enough that I slipped a card behind it to stop the noise when I was coming back from BG. Shouldn't be too hard to remedy.

Late C-4s use what use to be the glovebox location for the air bag. There is no access into this area. Matter of fact, once the airbag is deployed, you have to replace the dash cap. Only thing you can do is to remove the lower panel and tighten up whats up there best you can. Also, a wild shot, but a lot of C-4s have ill-adjusted hood bumpers and result in the hood vibrating. This will result in sqeaking noise. Sometimes, this can easily be mistaken as coming from the dash. Check the round bumper next to the latches. Also spray armor all on the rubber trim surrounding the vent intake around twindshield wipers.

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom