Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! dashboard

Corvette
1990 hatchback dark red
I need to change the driver information switch on my 1990 c4
Does the plastic faceplate around radio, ac controls and driver switch just pop off?
I have been prying gently and the upper portion is loosening but nothing happening around radio
HELP

I need to change the driver information switch on my 1990 c4
Does the plastic faceplate around radio, ac controls and driver switch just pop off?
I have been prying gently and the upper portion is loosening but nothing happening around radio
HELP

1) Remove the air vent held in place by two bolts. They are either torx or phillip screws.
2) Open center console lid. On the front bottom of each side you lift up on the felt liner corners to expose
two hidden bolts. Remove both bolts these are holding the rear of the shifter console bezel.
3) Remove the ash tray cup holders. Should be one or two bolts under them holding the console bezel.
4) Move the transmission shifter back towards the rear of the vehicle. Lift up on the console bezel. Unplug the cigar lighter and I think you may have to remove the shift indicator bulb socket for auto trans. If you have an auto trans note position of the orange shifter indicator position so you know how to position it when you reassemble.
5) You should now have clearance to get to the two bottom bolts holding the radio/hvac bezel. There is also one bolt at the top right you need to remove. You then pull the bezel straight back. It does have guide pins that can easily break off. :L

Last edited by a moderator:
radio%20bezel%20002_zpsvnqi5nto.jpg

I had some of the tabs broken off on the trim of my 86's dash panels. I used this stuff to recreate them: Plastex Plastic Repair Kits
I was able to recreate the missing tabs plus repaired some others and they've worked out well for me.

Just FYI.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom