Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daves Garage Construction

Nice garage Dave. I have a drain that just runs down the hill and exits in the edge of the field. I think the only thing I have ever dumped down it is water out of the dehumidifier in the summer and a bucket of water ever so often in the winter to keep the water level above the trap. One of these days when I'm driving that Stepside it might see some snow melt but not this year.

No rules against such things here and no building inspectors. But that doesn't mean that they wouldn't come down on you hard if you were poluting by dumping oil and solvents down the drain.

Tom

Love all the land you have around your home...WOW!!!!!

I have a nice home out here in Southern CA. But alas very little room to grow....they almost stack us on top of each other.

All looks great....you did an excelent job.....
tony

Dave,

You do good work! Aren't Garages fun! Vettes Too!

Bill

JohnZ said:
Local codes here now absolutely prohibit any kind of drain arrangement in a garage - paranoia about people flushing oil or anti-freeze, etc. down a drain; the inspectors are wise to the "hidden drain" trick too - contractors can't start the pour for a garage floor without the inspector present to make sure there are no "hidden drains".

Very nice project - looks terrific!
:beer
What`s to stop one from using a zip saw to cut a channel in the floor afterwards. It`s a shame that the inspectors have to watch so closely, but it`s obviously addressing people using "their" drain to pollute "our "land. I suppose the inspector could force one to pour the floor flat, therefor forcing the owner to carry his /her drainings outside in public view. I`m in the market for a salvage yard, and you want to talk about pollution!!! I found a well located parcel in a "former" wetland. The local surveyor said, stay away! Does any buddy have any experience in this area? Andrew:upthumbs :drink

Bill - I can't think of anything better than tooling around in my garage and working on the vette.

Dave

Andrew

I cancelled that duplicate post for you. All you have to do is click on "edit" then check the "delete" box in the upper left corner. Then click on the "delete now" button in the upper right corner and it's gone. You can use the "edit" feature to change anything you want in your own post. One thing to remember is that if you started a thread and you delete your post that started the thread the whole thread will dissappear. If you delete a post on down in the thread it won't effect the thread.

Tom

Thank you for the brief lesson. If one was to attempt to delete the beginning thread, would there be a warning message? SAVE NOW, OR FOREVER RE-TYPE:r :CAC I`ve also tryed to post a photo, but after several minutes, I get the "too big message". these are 4x7 100dpi jpg. Could my dial up connection be the culprit? Even when I send the photos to friends, it takes 2 or 3 minutes. Thank You, Andrew:upthumbs PS iI just read the "quote" screen. It`s all there. Thanks, Andrew

Delete? To delete this post, check the box to the left and then click the button to the right.
Note: deleting this post will result in the deletion of the entire thread if this post is the first post in the thread.

Here's what the delete box says on the Edit screen.

As far as pictures I take mine in email mode on standard resolution and they always load on every site or email I use. I've taken some in Fine Detail mode on the email setting and a couple have turned out too big. I don't do that anymore. I'm not a major picture garu. I just stick to what works for me. Pictures are something I need to experiment with then write things down so I don't forget it the next time.

Tom

I shoot everything at "Standard" 640x480 resolution, which results in 55K-62K images, which fit anywhere without having to re-size them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom