Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daytime Running Lights

V

vetfever

I recently purchased a DRL module for my 96. I wanted to share this great product with all of you pre-C5 owners. It illuminates the turn signal filament without disrupting the operation of turn, park or headlamps. It is easy to install ( I admit a little help from BLAZER, who recommended the product to me ) It is extremely easy to install and best of all - it is only about $30 + shipping - compared to $180 from some of the vet parts suppliers. Lawrence was very helpful. I highly recommend it - my car looks great on the highway!

http://members.nccw.net/webe/products/drl/drlad.htm

:J:J:J:J:J

That's really cool. I may not use the lights, but I got several useful links for future reference out of that one link you posted. Thanks. :upthumbs

_ken :w

I placed an order....Lawrence said it should be here tuesday or wednesday. Can't wait. Thanks for the info...:beer

No offense here guys, but why in the world would you want to have DRLs? It's been documented why GM decided to set up all of their vehicles this way (cheaper to do all cars instead of just those going to Canada where it a frickin law!); also helps them drive down piece prices from bulb suppliers because they sell them on the fact that the bulbs were burn out faster (just look at about 90% of all newer GM pickups on the road today), thus they sell more bulbs!

Worst of all, the SAE has published a paper showing the DRLs reduce fuel mileage, and the study conducted in Canada to prove DRLs made accidents less likely is seriously flawed. :confused

Well it beats the heck out of running with the park lights on and or the fogs as well....
Personally I like the look of the drl's....especially on a vette. I installed the kit...it was unbelieveably easy to install and works perfect.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Vetfever

l tried your link for the DRL and wasn't able to connect.
Please list the site again.

Thanks

Alan

LoneStar50th said:
Worst of all, the SAE has published a paper showing the DRLs reduce fuel mileage, and the study conducted in Canada to prove DRLs made accidents less likely is seriously flawed. :confused

Source?

Hi

Ken, l did not find any links listed and the site that Lawrence posted.

Vettefever is this what you put into your 96? If yes then l will need your help putting it in.

Thanks

Alan

Help!

Hey, Vettefever and Blazer

Just tell me that you will help me instal the DRL's and l will order it today.

As far as electrical stuff, my IQ borders a carrot.

Thanks

Alan

I tell ya....the diagram that Lawrence sends with the DRL module is very easy to follow and makes installation a breeze. It has diagrams and pictures and very well written instructions that are easy to understand. Anyone should be able to install it in a half hour or so. All parts necessary are included.

Thanks

l'll order it when l get home.

Alan

Lawrence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Please make sure that l only ordered one DRL, because Paypal didn't recognize my kingman99 address because in the past l used another computer and even though l edited my profile with Paypal, the confirmation went to my other computer and used my mastercard instead of my amex, which isn't a problem.
Just frustrating.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Lawrence!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingman said:
Hi

Please make sure that l only ordered one DRL, because Paypal didn't recognize my kingman99 address because in the past l used another computer and even though l edited my profile with Paypal, the confirmation went to my other computer and used my mastercard instead of my amex, which isn't a problem.
Just frustrating.

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

Only one order came through. I'll ship tomorrow.

Thanks!

-L
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Anyone try this on a C3.....I always have the park lamps lit, just cuz we are used to the DRL's.....I checked out the website and it says they will work on any car, just checking to see if any of the 'older' Vettes have given them a try....thanks....dbj:D

DRL's sell more bulbs -yes. but .... reduce fuel mileage?????

Yes, I would like to see that study as well....seems that with each trip I take into the US, I see more and more cars on the road with either DRL's or the headlights on.....and they are not Canadian travellers either.....dbj:D

DRL'S

HI

The main reason for the DRL's is to make your vehicle more visable period.

And it looks real kool.

Alan

Shed Some Light

LoneStar50th,

Can you recall the general comments in the SAE report regarding a linkage between lower gas milage and the use of DRL's ?

Remo
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom