Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dead 2005 DSOM

korvettekarl

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
Well it finally happened to me. Went to wash my car and when I was done the &$@# thing wouldn't start. Called Chevrolet & they had it flatbeaded to dealer. That was 2 weeks ago. They have the car running now but won't let me have it until they get a new air bag module. Can't find out why it takes 2 weeks to get a air bag module. They won't let me take it because of the liability issue. They gave me a rental truck at my request because I just moved to a another house that my wife and I are renovating. Well my wife liked having a truck so well that we went and bought a new Colorado crew cab Thursday night. Got the new 5 cylinder engine, the 4 didn't have enough guts to get out of it's own way. Meanwhile I am having serious withdrawls. Hoping to get the car back today or tomorrow.

Tell the dealer the lemon law clock is ticking.

Nevada's lemon law says it has to have the same problem 3 times within the warranty period. I love this car anyway. I am hoping to get it back today but I am not holding my breath.

What was wrong with it? Why did they have to replace the air bag module?

Tammy

They got the car running, never told me what was wrong but they pulled all the codes and found a bad air bag module. Won't let it leave because of liability issues.

Finally got the car back on Friday. Now the Heap Up doesn't work..GRRRRR.

Whats a heap up if you don't mind me asking?

I'll trade you straight up for my 84 cause that's the kinda guy I am. No need you having to worry bout all this stuff. :D

:bar

WoW sorry about your bad luck...
-=Rick

BlackNBlue95 said:
Went to wash my car and when I was done the &$@# thing wouldn't start.

Just a quick question: did you wash the engine?

Never washed the engine. Probably unplugged when they were replacing the air bag module. I'll consider the trade.......no...thanks anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom