Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dead Battery

nistaf

Having stored my vette (99) for the winter with attached battery tender, I went out to check on it recently and the battery(7 years old) was dead. I removed it and I have two questions: is there any hurry to replace it since I've already removed it or just wait till spring, and what might I expect regards settings etc when I put in the new battery?

No problems.

You will have some resetting to do. You will get the radio for sure, and possibly the TPS sensors and security system. All easy to do...

Peace
Chip

except for you personal preferances with the radio , clock and memory seats just driving it will reset all the parameters in time just drive it as you always do if you drive like a n old lady it learns that if you drive hard it also learns that;) it is your choice in the long run Steve

Having stored my vette (99) for the winter with attached battery tender, I went out to check on it recently and the battery(7 years old) was dead. I removed it and I have two questions: is there any hurry to replace it since I've already removed it or just wait till spring, and what might I expect regards settings etc when I put in the new battery?
nistaf, My 2000 spends the winters in Florida, and I (unfortunately) spend the winters in New England. I only get to Florida for a long weekend every 5 - 7 weeks. I always disconnect the battery while I'm gone, and after I reconnect the battery I've got to re-discover the fobs (hold down both lock and unlock till the horn beeps - repeat for the other fob), and re-program the radio. If you've got memory seats, those might be messed up as well. The tire pressure sensors have never given me trouble (yet?) and report the pressure within 1/4 mile. I was told that without a tender/charger the battery would be drained within a month. I've got a friend that has a C4 and he claims 2 to 3 weeks before the battery is drained. He disconnects his as well.
Andy
:w

disconnecting the battery is the correct way to stop the battery from going dead and some people would not be comfortable doing that.With that said i use a float charger on all my cars;shrug guilty . but easier for me but not the gm endorsment Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom