Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Dead car fully charged batery

Hi there,

I would have the battery accurately tested and give us the voltage and CCA ratings after the test.

An 09 should not need a battery tender or charger, unless there is a electrical draw in the vehicle.

Allthebest, c4c5

once they got power to car they said accessory switch was in on position and the radio was on but battery still read a full charge???

HI there,

No, the accessory switch has to be SHUT OFF by the driver.

The retained accessory power shuts off after 15 mins, NOT if the vehicle is PUT into accessory.

Allthebest, c4c5

The only way to test a battery is by putting a known load on it, then measuring the voltage.

HI there,

No, the accessory switch has to be SHUT OFF by the driver.

The retained accessory power shuts off after 15 mins, NOT if the vehicle is PUT into accessory.

Allthebest, c4c5

On my '09 it is as you said on retained power. BUT....if I put it in accessory it DOES shut off after some minutes passes. I found that out while on the caravan last summer. I was sitting in the car listening to tunes one evening in hotel parking lot and several times I had to push accessory to keep it in 'accessory'.....

My 2009 z06 is dead the battery charger says fully charged???

Do need to have it tested with load and they tell me that you still have to leave it in reverse when you park it or something stays on that drains the battery if it sets too long. You may get away with it starting for a whilebut it will wear one out prematurely. I;ve heard they changed that on later models and then I hear that they didn't.... so I don't really know!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom