Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dealer invoice

jracer49420

Corvette
1974 stingray
I want to thank everyone that gave me information on the build sheet location. What I did was get a dealer invoice that cost $50. I think it was worth it. I have a couple questions about it. Does anyone know what "convenience group" means, it was a $94 option, also my car has a power antenna, but it's not on the invoice, why might this be, it also has the optional aluminum wheels that the original ower said was on the car, that also is not on the invoice. Do you know why? Thanks Jim

In the Corvette Black book I don’t see the convenience group option package being available until 1977 as the ZX2 option code at an additional cost of $22.00. Out of all the options available for the 1974 Corvette I don’t see any option for this year with a retail option charge of $94.00.In 1978 the ZX2 option did retail for $84.00.
I don’t see Aluminum wheels being an option on the C3 until 1976 as the YJ8 option code at an additional charge of $299.00. In 1977 the YJ8 option retailed for $321.00.
I can tell you the convenience group ZX2 option code on my 1977 consists of, engine compartment light, low fuel warning lamp in gauge cluster, interior light delay, headlamp warning buzzer, vanity mirror on passengers side visor, I think that’s it.
As far as the power antenna this was not a factory option until 1978.
I would check your VIN number to make sure it matches the invoice you received.
Hope this helps,
Brian

Brian I quess I was not specific enough, but I was talking about my wife's 1979 corvette, not my 1974. Thanks

Then it very well could have been these extra options unlisted from the original invoice could have been installed at the dealer as a customer’s request, or added by the dealer prior to sale and then the extra amount added to the window sticker price. There is a space on the window sticker for dealer installed options. You will never know unless you have the original window sticker or the time of sale worksheet.
This happened all the time.
Brian

Does anyone know what "convenience group" means, it was a $94 option, also my car has a power antenna, but it's not on the invoice, why might this be, it also has the optional aluminum wheels that the original ower said was on the car, that also is not on the invoice.
Per the Corvette Black Book, the RPO ZX2 Convienience Group included dome and courtesy light delay, headlight warning buzzer, underhood light, low fuel warning light, floor mats, intermittent wipers, and right side visor mirror. It was installed on 41,530 of the 53,807 vettes built in '79.

As stated above, the power antenna and aluminum wheels could have been dealer installed.

tom...

I want to thank everyone that gave me information on the build sheet location. What I did was get a dealer invoice that cost $50. I think it was worth it. I have a couple questions about it. Does anyone know what "convenience group" means, it was a $94 option, also my car has a power antenna, but it's not on the invoice, why might this be, it also has the optional aluminum wheels that the original ower said was on the car, that also is not on the invoice. Do you know why? Thanks Jim
Iwas wondering about the dealer invice you got . How and where can a person get one of these.

Thanks
David

David, you can order one if you have the vin# and your chevy is a 1977 or newer. either e-mail a request for application to vehicleinvoice@gmmediaarchive.com or call (734)421-0273 ext 107. Hope this helps. The one I got was for my wife's 79 vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom