Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealership problems (Turnersvilla Chevrolet)

agentf1

Dealership problems (Turnersville Chevrolet)

Well it is with great sadness that I have to post another dealer horror story. You may have read my post about how Thomas Chevrolet screwed me http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60276 and it appeared to me as if they were trying to screw GM as well with saying the car needed parts that it did not. I am posting this for a friend that got screwed by Turnersville Chevrolet. He brought his Z06 in for the ECL recall and they gave him a 2 hour run around and when he comes back NOTHING was done, except damage to his tire and brand new Evo wheels that is. They also stated they needed to order parts for it. He did get the recall done at another dealership and all they had to do was reflash the computer, no need for a part. The car is a garage queen and never driven and is virtually spotless. When he pointed this damage out to the dealer, of course they denied it. It is quite obvious that they drove the car into the lift in the service area. It is so unfortunate that we have dealers treating us like this and I cannot stress how much this takes away from the ownership of the vehicle. I will post a copy of the letter that was sent to the dealer and GM customer assistance below.
6.gif

VIA FACSIMILE: 856-629-XXXX

Turnersville Auto Complex
3400 Route 42
P.O. Box 9070
Turnersville, NJ 08012

Rich Gambuca, Service Manager

Attention: Mr. Thomas D. McClellan

RE: Appointment Date: August 16, 2004
File #: 1-250188530

Dear Mr. McClellan:

As you recall, I spoke to you on August 17, 2004, regarding my 2003 Chevrolet Corvette, which I had taken to your Turnersville Auto Complex location for a service recall. After arriving home, I immediately noticed that there was a slash in my tire and a nick in my custom chrome wheel. I called your dealership to report this incident. I hardly ever drive my car; it is driven purely for pleasure. I have spent in excess of $10,000 for upgrades on my vehicle. I know my car inside and out. I inspect every detail on it and I am very meticulous. I have been a Corvette enthusiast for over twenty (20) years. My Z-06 is my third Corvette.

You informed me that the Dealership was not at fault because you looked at the jack and there was no paint on it. My wheels are chromed. There would be no paint to find on your jack. I have had another dealership/mechanic look at the damage and was informed that this damage is consistent with driving a vehicle into the bay and striking the lift. I honestly believe that is what happened. To make matters worse, the job was not even done! I trusted your Dealership for the services that were supposed to be provided. I still don’t understand why your staff did not check to see if the part was in before telling me to come back in two (2) hours. Why would they even schedule an appointment for a “recall” without first knowing whether or not the part was in?

I work with customers every day in my business. My policy is to make the customers happy and satisfied so they will come back. If they have a complaint or there is a misunderstanding, I will try my best to please them. Obviously this is not your policy.

Accordingly, if I do not here from you by August 30, 2004, I will have no other alternative than to file a small claims action as well as voice my opinion about your Dealership to others. I am going to let everyone on the Corvette and Z-06 Forums know about the experience that I had with your Dealership. I will tell them how undependable and dishonest your services are. My wife’s Lease expires in August of 2005. I was considering purchasing her car from your Dealership. That will not happen. You have lost a valued customer and I will most certainly never refer a customer to you.

Very truly yours,

Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx

Central Office
Chevrolet Motor Division
General Motor Corporation
100 Renaissance Center
P.O. Box 100
Detroit, MI 48265-1000

Rich Gambuca, Service Manager

Dealers

I got kicked off the Corvette forum for agreeing with posts that tell horror stories about dealers. They get you at the buy then get you when you come back.

wwr

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom