Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Debris (pebbles) Stuck between rocker and body - How do I remove?

74bigblock

Corvette
2008 Z06
;help Just infront of rear wheels between the rocker moulding and body, I found road debris/pebbles jammed in the gap between the pannels.

I dont want to pry them out as it will gouge the paint. Is there a simple way to loosen the rocker moulding so I can just wipe them off/out? ;shrug

I tried to edit my title... I meant STUCK not SUCK. It won't let me. Sorry!

Thanks!
Dave

The most simple way to clean that particular area is to slightly loosen the screws inside the wheel well that hold the rocker panel to the body panel. "Shake" it a little until you can get a small brush in between the panels to brush the pebbles, etc. out. Tighten up the screws again. Also, I have taken 1/2" weatherstripping and stuffed it in that area near the screws to keep the debris out. It works for a while, but you'll probably have to repeat this in a while.

Good luck.

Elaine

P.S. I changed the subject to read "stuck"!! ;)

The most simple way to clean that particular area is to slightly loosen the screws inside the wheel well that hold the rocker panel to the body panel. "Shake" it a little until you can get a small brush in between the panels to brush the pebbles, etc. out. Tighten up the screws again. Also, I have taken 1/2" weatherstripping and stuffed it in that area near the screws to keep the debris out. It works for a while, but you'll probably have to repeat this in a while.

Good luck.

Elaine

P.S. I changed the subject to read "stuck"!! ;)

Thanks Elaine.... I must say I gave myself a ;LOL on that one.

I remove the (2) 8mm screws from the rocker panel and blow compressed air in there. Be sure to wear goggles because a lot of stuff can be in there!
I used to seal the void with duct tape but got so much grief from other owners about the tape that I removed it and now I gotta empty the "gravel trays" periodically.:L

I filled the open area with foam and use black duct tape to keep the foam dry and concealed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom