Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Decklid Adjustment on 1993 Convertible

B

bstie

When I am driving with the top down, seems that the deck lid behind me has a rattle that drives you nuts at slow speeds.

On each side of the deck lid, there are rubber bumpers that screw in and out and I think that is the only way to adjust the deck lid. Makes a little difference when I adjust them but does not take care of the problem.

Also, noticed that the decklid on the passenger side is about 1/2 inch upward from being flush and I was wandering if there is a way to move the latch assemply up or down. This is regardless of the position of the rubber bumpers.

Thanks in advance.

bstie,

I've got the same rattle when I go over bumps at slow speeds. You may have already read this thread, but in case you hadn't I started a thread about the rattle a few months ago and got some interesting replies. Maybe one of these will help.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36545

I've tried adjusting that rubber bumper but had very little success. The one thing that works for me (and its not very efficient) is to put a sponge (like one that you would use to wash the car) between the top and the deck lid. That usually keeps it quiet.

Good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom