Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Detail Help!!

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
For the first time I used a clay bar to detail the car, I noticed a few things:

The Left Quarter panel has some strange stuff on the clear coat. It looks like some sort of clear covering that didn't come off perhaps?
Could I use a hair dryer to heat up the area and perhaps peel these few spots off? Or are they Clear Coat spatterings??

The top rear hatch has a few spots in the trough area between the window and quarter. They are irregular spots, perhaps some acid? burned into the clear coat? Or calcium
build up?? Perhaps a concentrated re claying of the area to take them out? Further, the emble, how can I clean the interior areas? I have a lot of gunk build up in the inside corners of the emblem-- how to clean up??

In some areas of the paint I have some scratches in the clear coat, they look better from the bar but still need work. The pup put his paws on the front cover and his nails sratched the clear coat when he got off!!:ugh

Just noticed, a bit too late the panel in front of the rear wheel, it's all chewed up from road rocks... only 30k on car. Wish I'd known about this would have put a clear panel on it to protect the paint.

But does the paint "pop" now after the clay and wax!! It looks like some sort of yellow stuff came off the clear coat on the bar...

Hi,

I can't help you with all your questions, but I'll try to cover some.

I wouldn't try to use a hair dryer and peel off anything. I'd take it to a body shop to look at, as well as the dog's scratches. Once the car is scratched enough to go through the clear coat, it should have professionals handle it.

Maybe the spots are from acid rain? They're hard to remove. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you, but I'm moving this post to the "Care & Detailing" section where you might get some knowledgeable responses.

Good luck...let us know how you make out.

Elaine

Spots etched in paint

I've thought about this for a while now and I think this is the answer: The car was over at the local detailer on an issue with the drivers spray nozzle for cleaning the front window.
I think the employee left the washer fluid dry in the sun which etched the paint with spots. The spray nozzle was used while the car was parked and the fluid landed on the haunches.

I see threads on goggle of others inquiring about the same subject

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom