Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

diagnostic help in MA/NH??

Mean Green 92

Corvette
92 Callaway Coupe
Anyone know of a good vette shop in north east MA or southern NH? Been working on my 92 SNAT and need help, doesnt pass MA emissions :bash. Local Chevy dealer was not very helpful.

Thanks John, went thier first and spoke with Mike V. He did not have any connections in my area and thought I should ask around. May end up driving it down to him.

What did it fail for?

NOX was very high. It failed last fall also but was in desperate need of tune up, so I did plugs, wires, and new opti over the winter. No more service codes, but still nto running perfect and the NOX problem.

I was told the same for my SNAT. Replacing the cats was suggested.

I took my car elsewhere and it passed fine

I've had suggestions of the cat, the EGR, and maybe Vac leak. I will probably try another test shop this weekend. I've got 110K miles on it, so may be time to replace CAT and EGR anyways.
thanks

Was the car nice and hot when you took it? I usually drive the heck out of mine on the way to the emissions place to get the cats warmed up.

Was the car nice and hot when you took it? I usually drive the heck out of mine on the way to the emissions place to get the cats warmed up.

no, it was cold and rainey and just out of storage (old gas). I will get it tested agan this week for another $29 just to really check things out and get new data (after getting it well warmed up on the highway). Thanks.

Mean Green,
I just stumbled on this thread. I'm originally from Methuen. If you have future problems send me an email and I'll hook you up with a quality mechanic in Methuen. Very trustworthy. Jeff
c3man@charter.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom