Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Did 78 - 82 jacks have date codes?

M

Mark M

I found what I think is a 78 - 82 Vette jack. SMP is stamped on the bottom, but there are no other codes that I can find. Can you help me identify this jack?

Thanks,
Mark

IMG_3813_1.jpgIMG_3815_1.JPG

I think the 78-82 jacks are date coded, but cannot swear to it. The NCRS Techincal Information and Judging Guide for your model year would list it.

FWIW: it looks like the jack in your pics will work. The base appears a little short, but it might be earlier than 78-82.

:thumb

Thanks Mike,

I think the base looking short is an optical illusion. The jack was actually most of the way open and I took the shot from above. It's not actually for my car, I found it in a stash of parts and was pretty sure it was Corvette.

yes they are. stamp should be near your thumb in the picture(or somewhere on those steel sides). month and year designation. I picked up a jack for my 72 and it turned out to be for an 82.

I found what I think is a 78 - 82 Vette jack. SMP is stamped on the bottom, but there are no other codes that I can find. Can you help me identify this jack?

Mark

Look for a three number code on the rivet at the base (if you're still looking). With cranking end toward you, should be on the right side. So, 743 would be read as the 43rd week of 1977 while 808 is read 8th week of 1978. Model years 1976-78 used this date code format while 1975 and 1979 use a different format.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom