Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Did I miss a deal?

T

tlong

Last week I was watching an Ebay deal that looked real good for a '96 CELT-4 Vert, 70k on the clock.

$17,100. The mileage is high, and Ebay? Seems like they go for about $20K in the Trader. Is the price declining because of C-6 and expected C-5 glut in the market?

I don't see the LT4 cars value declining much at all... I think you can buy one and sell it for almost the same price in 2-3 years... as long as you don't put many miles on it that is. LT4 cars have value based almost entirely on miles

I don't think 70K is high for that price. Mine has 99K and my old 87 vette had 183K and still going strong. My car shows no signs of wear yet.

Declining Prices!!!!!!!

You missed nothing. Most of the vettes on Ebay are there for a reason. If an owner cannot sell it locally then he will put it on Ebay.

Most of the Ebay vettes have something going on, either high mileage, imperfections that cannot be seen using a digital camera or just a lot of money for what it is.

Most of us put to high of a value on our babies and are not realistic according to the market.

If you plan on owning a vette for some time then a low mileage vette is the only way to go period. A mint one is even better.

The difference between a LT4 for $20,000 and a C5 $23,000 (97-99) there is no contest on any level except one's mind.

The most important thing to consider is condition and mileage and where the vette is located first.

Any vette with over 90,000 miles, no matter how nice, is worth very little unless it is a C! or C2 and even then if it hasn't had a prof ground up restoration is worth very little.

You may save a dime but it will cost you a quarter when you look to sell it.

Last week l saw a C5 (98) with 75,000 miles that went through a dealers auction that only went for $16,000 to be sold at retail for $22-23 and that is with adding new tires and a complete check up and a short guarantee.

Alan

Yes - you did!

That car was in Dallas and I personally reviewed it - there was absolutely nothing wrong with it and I too missed out on that deal. The only reason I was able to get close to it was because I pulled up in my LT-4 CE Coupe. And it was the reason I couldn't pull the trigger otherwise I would have bid that up.

"Any vette with over 90,000 miles, no matter how nice, is worth very little unless it is a C! or C2 and even then if it hasn't had a prof ground up restoration is worth very little."

There are a lot of people that would disagree with you on that comment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom