Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Die-Cast Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Ironhead
  • Start date Start date
I haven't found one either and I'd like to have one also.

According to a Scale18.com search I did, Maisto produced several models of 1996 Corvette coupes and convertibles, but I don't know that they were given any special badges or emblems denoting them as Collector Editions.

You can check it out by going to Scale18.com, click on the diecast link, then look down the list of links on the left hand side of the page and click on "search the huge list". This will open a window in which you can type in your search criteria. This site is useful also because once registered, you can keep an online list of your 1/18 scale diecast cars complete with pictures representing each model.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.
JAG

No CE Coupe was ever produced. It was suppose to be. but never came to market. A 96 Convertible did and Miastro made it. Sold in Costco for about 10.00 about four years ago. Has a black interior... Now they did make and sell the GS version in both Coupe and Vert.

Even the AMT Promo only came in a convertible, no coupe was made. I use to own a real 96 CE Coupe, and am a big collector of diecast, so I certainly would have gotten one of them.

Update

According to scale18.com, these 1996 model Corvettes were produced in 1/18 scale:

Coupe - White with detachable roof - Commemorating the Last C4 June 21st, 1996 for Mid America - Maisto
Coupe - Red with white stripes - Ertl
Coupe - Blue with detachable roof - Maisto
Coupe - Polo green with detachable roof - Maisto
Coupe - Black with detachable roof - Maisto (Future Release 2005)
Coupe - Red with detachable roof (back window has black edge) - Maisto
Coupe - Red with detachable roof - 2 roofs, one clear, one body color - Maisto
Coupe - Red with detachable roof
Coupe - Silver with detachable roof - Maisto (Future Release 2005)
Coupe - LT4 Grand Sport - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Grand Sport - Black wheels - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Grand Sport - Black wheels with silver trim - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Aqua - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Polo Green - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Magenta - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Red - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Silver - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 White - Maisto
Convertible - LT4 Yellow - Maisto

Like the man said, looks like the convertibles are LT4s and the coupes are LT1s.

Happy shopping!
JAG

I have a '96 CE convertible (Maisto I think) with gray interior.

I also am looking for 96 CE coupe diecast if somebody finds one please post Thanks Bruce

I have 2 of them, both CEs with gray interior. They are convertibles. They did not make a coupe hard top. You can find one on ebay for $20 or so easily.

Diecasts

Looking for the Maisto 1:18 Polo Green - can find a ton of Black Rose but no Polo ... anyone out there have one they would part with? Joanne

Looking for the Maisto 1:18 Polo Green - can find a ton of Black Rose but no Polo ... anyone out there have one they would part with? Joanne

Joanne, welcome to the CAC! I think the Polo Green C4 is one of the few 1:18 C4s I don't have. If I come across one on the web I'll post a note here for you.

Good luck in your search!
:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom