Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Diminished value of my vert.

c5blackvert

Corvette
2000 BLACK CONVERT
Anyone filed a diminished value claim against an insurance company? My car was smashed by a local detail shop last Oct. 2007, after about 14k in repairs and multy trips to the local Chevy store for an electrical issue, the car is still unreliable, it randomly throws the "remove key for 10 seconds", I have had ALL the recalls dome and Chevrolet cant find the problem, if I 1)leave the key in the ignition or 2) put the key in the ignition and start the car with the drivers door open it wont thow the code.....basically the car is useless, I took it to the local corvette store and asked for a "buy figure", I showed him the repair bill and told him about the "issue".....the simply replied..."not interested at ANY price"! Now what? I have a car I can't drive or sell........:mad

Anyone filed a diminished value claim against an insurance company? My car was smashed by a local detail shop last Oct. 2007, after about 14k in repairs and multy trips to the local Chevy store for an electrical issue, the car is still unreliable, it randomly throws the "remove key for 10 seconds", I have had ALL the recalls dome and Chevrolet cant find the problem, if I 1)leave the key in the ignition or 2) put the key in the ignition and start the car with the drivers door open it wont thow the code.....basically the car is useless, I took it to the local corvette store and asked for a "buy figure", I showed him the repair bill and told him about the "issue".....the simply replied..."not interested at ANY price"! Now what? I have a car I can't drive or sell........:mad
You Need to get in touch with your STATE Insurance Commissioner's Office,Explain things to them and they will tell you how to proceed!!:beer I don't know about Indiana,But Florida,Illinois,Missouri,and North Carolina Insurance Commissioners Like to Eat Insurance Adjusters for Breakfast!!!:boogie:upthumbs

Thanks I called them and they we a great help, they told me call "call your adjuster" let them know I have been in contact with them and they said that if I felt I wasn't taken care of fairly they would "send them a letter" on my behalf. They would have 20 days to respond!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom