Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Disable low tire sensor...how to ?

P

puppyfang

Well do to problems with putting on new tires on a 1989 coupe that has the low tire option, the tire people screw up...I now have a sensor light that keeps coming on, I really do not need this option as I check tires all the time, but it came on the car....anyone know how to disable this feature? Thanks for any imput...Garret

Rabbit

Corvette
2004 C5 coupe, MSGM & 2014 Cad SRX Crystal red
Easiest is ro remove the bulbs from the DIC. Pulling the fuse will disable another feature..can't recall which.

T

tonylong

If you remove ALL 4 of the sensors from the wheels the system will stop complaining and not throw a "Service LTPWS" warning light. If you're gonna pitch any sensors let me know the part nos. and how much you want for them. I like the system and in 89 it was very simple and sturdy. Later years tried to get fancy and display each tire's press and temp instead of just warning that A tire was low.

P

puppyfang

Ok, will let you know...but first I have to get the last one out of the car and then I want to check to see if the light does go off again..thanks for the response...garret

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom