Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Disable low tire sensor...how to ?

P

puppyfang

Well do to problems with putting on new tires on a 1989 coupe that has the low tire option, the tire people screw up...I now have a sensor light that keeps coming on, I really do not need this option as I check tires all the time, but it came on the car....anyone know how to disable this feature? Thanks for any imput...Garret

Easiest is ro remove the bulbs from the DIC. Pulling the fuse will disable another feature..can't recall which.

If you remove ALL 4 of the sensors from the wheels the system will stop complaining and not throw a "Service LTPWS" warning light. If you're gonna pitch any sensors let me know the part nos. and how much you want for them. I like the system and in 89 it was very simple and sturdy. Later years tried to get fancy and display each tire's press and temp instead of just warning that A tire was low.

Ok, will let you know...but first I have to get the last one out of the car and then I want to check to see if the light does go off again..thanks for the response...garret

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom