Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DMV or other Data Bases

Huntermartin

Corvette
1967 327/300 Coupe
I am looking for ownership records from 1968 in California and Louisiana and would like ideas for the best search options. Mainly DMV registrations, but possibly insurance salvaged vehicle sales as well. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kind of hard to do these days with the privacy laws like they are. There are some professional services that advertise in Hemmings Motor News and the NCRS Driveline ect. that seem to get good results. If you know someone in law enforcement, they might be able to run the numbers and find some info.

Tom

Kind of hard to do these days with the privacy laws like they are. There are some professional services that advertise in Hemmings Motor News and the NCRS Driveline ect. that seem to get good results. If you know someone in law enforcement, they might be able to run the numbers and find some info.

Tom
Thank you Tom. Believe it or not I identified the original owner by contacting the local library's historical records division in the hometown of the dealership where it was ordered new after ordering a NCRS shipping data report. Hopefully this approach will work for others.

I didn't know that was possible. That's fantastic. Too bad my 59 is too old to be included in the Historical Document Service from NCRS. I'd like to know the original selling dealer of my car. All I know about the history of mine, other than the owner I bought it from, is that it had a University of Evansville sticker on the windshield when I bought it in 1969. Years ago I went to the neighborhood where I bought my car and different people were living there.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom