Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do C5's Go In The Snow?

I want to know whether the Millennium Yellow or the Quicksilver looks better buried in snow. :rotfl

I want to know whether the Millennium Yellow or the Quicksilver looks better buried in snow. :rotfl

Jim, don't you remember this photo posted by Remo:

vette2-13-062.jpg

to which CJ5Nutz remarked
:chuckle Yellow Snow! :boogie ;LOL :boogie
????
:L

Denver - One More Time

Patrick - remember the earlier picture of the Torch Red C5 with the snow shovel leaning against it? Here's another perspective. No wonder the guy gave up and started drinking.
Remo:cool

sideshot.jpg

It isn't the picture, Remo, so much as it is the recent memory of what this winter has already produced that makes me think Global Warming isn't such a bad idea.
:gap

We were teased with a decent week of weather around here, only to wake up this morning and find another blizzard warning had been issued for the Front Range. Cripes... another 8 inches of this crap.
;squint:

-Patrick

Oh Darn - It's Almost Over

Winter coming to an end. Not much time
left to enjoy those fun filled winter drives.

snowvette2.jpg

all but a small area of snow is melted, the ice is almost completely off the pond and I've had a few rides already.:upthumbs

Well at least they don't rust! Last week in NJ there was an Ice storm and on way to NYC I saw no less then 30 to 35 cars involved in accidents on rt 80,46 & 3. When to my surprise on Rt 80 a red vette comes down the highway like it was summer! I almost fainted!:eek:hnoes

Snow isnt the main problem although it is a significant issue.

I think any Vette owner is more concerned about all that salt that gets into the cracks and is impossible to spot and clean. Those who have not seen the effects of winter on cars would be terrorised upon seeing cars that are normally black turn to a shade of light grey from all the salt that sticks on.

If it werent for the salt, i might drive my Z on those sunny winter days.

Here's a C5 located in Fairbanks, Alaska and it most definitely does "go in the snow".

snowbutt.jpg

I have driven mine in the snow a few times, and it is THE WORST snow car I have ever driven.

Remo- breathe slowly and find your inner happy place. I will try not to let it happen again.

I have driven mine in the snow a few times, and it is THE WORST snow car I have ever driven.

Remo- breathe slowly and find your inner happy place. I will try not to let it happen again.
DRTH, had a '69 SS-396 Chevelle 4 speed, and it was the MOST god-awful excuse for a winter car I ever had! I was stationed in New England while I had it, and it simply would not go in the snow. I don't remember how many times I put it in first, let out the clutch, opened the drivers door, and got out and pushed on the door pillar. Sold it in '72 for $1350.00. JEEZ-UZ do I wish I could get out and push it again....................! Have NO, repeat NO, intentions of seeing if the Vette will do better than the Chevelle. Remo..........deep breaths pal........deep breaths. And please, do yourself a favor and get someone to hide ALL of the calendars for about 30 days.
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom