Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do I buy?

wildbill486

Corvette
lol...(ie: 1987 Bright Red Coupe)
I'm torn, I found this 81 with less than 12,000 on it for less than $7000. It's a smogger but is in great shape...you know what I'm gonna do...lol.

81vette.jpg

81vette3.jpg

81vette4.jpg

check the frame,make sure it hasn't rusted,underneath,in front of the rear wheels,look behind the kick plates for evidence of rust,as this could be the windshield frame in need of repair,does everything work,or does it need work,is it orisigal mileage or has it been turned over,once or twice...just things to look at and consider...

good luck!!!:)

The color combo of 50/74 Beige/Dark Bronze is a Bowling Green color. We haven't be able to find documentation of production numbers, I've been told probably somewhere between 600 ~ 800 with this color scheme, but as I said we have not been able to document it.

The Corvette Action Center provides good source information in the Tech Center. Also here is a sort of color coded 50/74 from the L81VetteRegistry

Bud

That is almost too good of a price. If everything checks out, snatch it up! Looks darn good. $7,000 is a good 'vette paint job, but you can get an entire car!

-Tatortot

That price is so low it's makes you wonder if it's really an '80 with a 305.

Even if it's 112,000 or 212,000, if it looks good enough to make you believe it's 12,000 it must be nice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom