Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do I go w/a TorkerII intake.. help please

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
As I've mentioned, I'm totally going through the 427 and ending up w/ around 9 1/2 to 1 comp and a nice cam to wrap it all up. Going to box up the tripowers and try going w/ a Torker II alum intake and an 800cfm edelbrock (only intake that will fit under my hood)is that true?

My concern is Torker II is a single plane intake. And the Performer is a dual plane which would probobly work much better with my torque output but wont fit under my hood.

Should I try to find a cast iron intake off a 390hp??(are those dual plane??)

I know you may say just get the tripowers working but I have been trying for two years and am ready to try something else.

Any suggestions??

Jim

You have to tell us which model year car you're working with. C2 and C3 have different volumes of space above the engine and below the hood.

Also an 800 cfm carb may or maynot be the right choice depending on whether this 427 is oval port or rec. port.

if you want to keep the quadrajet go with the aluminum L36 intake.
if you want a square bore go with the LS6 intake,
the LS6 is a rectangular port but will still work with oval port heads.

both intakes will fit under the stock BB hood in a C3

Car in mention is the 68 w/ oval port heads (L68)..
I've heard that the rectangular ports work very well on oval port heads.. are LS6 intakes available new.

Car in mention is the 68 w/ oval port heads (L68)..
I've heard that the rectangular ports work very well on oval port heads.. are LS6 intakes available new.

LS6 intakes are still being made. i bought mine new. you just have to get the LS6 intake gaskets as well. supposedly up to 5500-6000 rpms there is no significant issues. i havent dynoed mine yet but it definitely isnt anemic.

There is a guy on another forum that has a 3933163 intake for sale. rectangle port dual plane, square carb. I have one on my 69. It'll work until I get around to installing either an open plenum or the 2x4's.

Where can I get a new one. LS6 that is.
I'm just tired of tinkering with the tripowers. May put them back on for a change..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom