Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do I have a 65 or 66 hood???

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
:confused Thanks to Islander’s post, I saw the underside of a 66 hood. I notice there appears to be slots for the posts of the “stingray” emblem. Would all 66 hoods look like this? I think I must have a 65 small block hood, because I do not have these on mine. Could someone please confirm this is the difference? Any other differences?

I need to put the emblem on my hood. I plan to drill this weekend. So… I am putting the emblem on what I think is a 65 hood, anyone foresee any problem with doing this? Appreciate your advice. I’m nervous.:(

All my research shows that all 1966 SB and BB hoods require the cutouts to attach the front emblem, which by the way, is unique to the model year. If your hood does not have the cutouts it's an aftermarket hood or an original 65 or 67 SB hood. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I checked Corvette Image catalog and they listed the 65 and 66 small block hood as the same hood. You could call them and maybe they would describe the differences in the hoods. They may also be able to provide the location and modifications needed to install your 66 front emblem.

http://www.corvetteimage.com

I don't believe repros will have the cutouts for the 66's front emblem, only originals or NOS.

The '65 hood has no holes on the back side for access to attach the Corvette emblem, the '66 does.

:D Success, the emblem is on! I still don’t know what year of hood I have, but it sure looks like a 66 now. ;) Good point about it possibly being a reproduction. I notice some other catalogues also do not make the distinction for a 66 hood. I could not secure the posts from the underside due to the reinforcement portion of the hood, but I put it on real tight.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom