Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do it my self RAM cooled air

S

Shadowing1985v

hey guy's i have a question

instead of me cutting into the front of my bumper why couldn't i just build something under it like weld a box under it that will take in air

or for 160 bucks i can buy the front piece

but i think im going to ask my dad if i can just build one,, i think it can be done. build it out of steel or Aluminum

TPIS ( I think) has a system that basically draws air from the pressureized area above the radiator. Of course, you have to cut the housing to turn the air filter over.

Mike

hmm

i have decided
im going to build it out of aluminum

it should look 100 percent like the one in the catalog
my dad said he can make that easy

hmm

how much horse power will this increase me aroudn 20 or so,,, or what?

Ram air helps the most at speed, and is still limited by the other bottle necks in your intake... It should help the most at higher RPM at higher speeds, to help your L98 breathe a bit better... realistically, 10 HP on a basically stock motor.

yeah

umm, im thinking of making my own design
im thinking of puttin ga blower on it that will force air in my intake at slow speeds

what u guy's think,, i have it all designed

the tupe will be like a v shape one that goes outside in front of my car"grill" and the one that goes to my blower

u think this will help me at slow speeds maybe a 5 horse power differance

Re: yeah

Shadowing1985v said:
umm, im thinking of making my own design
im thinking of puttin ga blower on it that will force air in my intake at slow speeds

what u guy's think,, i have it all designed

the tupe will be like a v shape one that goes outside in front of my car"grill" and the one that goes to my blower

u think this will help me at slow speeds maybe a 5 horse power differance

this poster for real, or just aggravating the list with his/her nonsense?

There is a company that makes electric blowers for cars... To make enough of a difference HP wise, you have to have a pretty powerful blower. It is so powerful that it only comes on at wide open throttle because the car's electircal system can't handle it running all the time (this is the only time it is really necessary anyway, because WOT is when you need more air).

FrankM

Shadowing seems to be a young buck with an extraordinary penchant for the ultimate 'Vette!

I was like you when I first read his posts, but you have to admit, his enthusiasm is overwelming! (to say the least!)

We all want the "perfect" 'Vette, its just that the "perfect" 'Vette is something different for each of us!

The perfect Vette is one that's all paid for, and your name is on the title..... LOL
vettepilot

vettepilot said:
The perfect Vette is one that's all paid for, and your name is on the title..... LOL
vettepilot

Yeah I'm with vettepilot. I just sent in my last payment and will have the title real soon :J

hehe,, i own my corvette,,

thanx guy's,, for your input,, that makes since,, im learning how engines works slowly but surely i guess u can say

The bank sent me he title even though I still owe them money! It is signed off and everything. Ooopppps

Re: Re: yeah

FrankM said:

this poster for real, or just aggravating the list with his/her nonsense?

My question exactly; can anybody really dream up B/S like this?
Where's Allen Funt? Are we on "Candid Forum"? Smile!

This is your Corvette, This is your Corvette when you're on drugs...
Any questions?
vettepilot

Re: Re: Re: yeah

Redbob said:

My question exactly; can anybody really dream up B/S like this?
Where's Allen Funt? Are we on "Candid Forum"? Smile!
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who is sitting in front of the 'puter shaking his head.:duh

Hmmmmm

You have to admit though .... some of his posts have been so amusing that they have knocked me off my chair and on to my ass a few times!!!!:Twist

Drew and drcorvette...

You guys had me doing a lot of this :L after I read your comments!

Redbob, I'm sorry but I just have to ask, "Who in the world is Allen Funt?"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom