Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DO OTHER CARS FOLLOW YOU ON THE HI-WAY ?

marvin32

Corvette
2005 black coupe
me & the wife took a quick trip to BURBANK CA.(nice place), on the way back to VEGAS on I 15, i kept the VETTE between 80 & 100, not only were we enjoying this nice smooth cruise on the hi-way but we noticed all kinds of cars following us for quite a long time, when you ladies & gents take long drives, does this always happen to you when they see your VETTE ? :)

I noticed that too.

marvin32 said:
me & the wife took a quick trip to BURBANK CA.(nice place), on the way back to VEGAS on I 15, i kept the VETTE between 80 & 100, not only were we enjoying this nice smooth cruise on the hi-way but we noticed all kinds of cars following us for quite a long time, when you ladies & gents take long drives, does this always happen to you when they see your VETTE ? :)

I think their reasoning is to let you get the speeding ticket:ugh . What I do is find some kid with a Ricer. You know the ones with the big fart can hanging out the back of the car and the stickers plastered all over the car. Then you start playing with them and let'em get in front:naughty:. Then watch the show from a safe distance. All along being the :_rock, innocent bystander. So far it has worked a couple of times flushing the cops out of their hiding places.

:w

H.D.

My wife and I refer to this phenomenon as the "Vette Effect". This is just one of the 'effects'.
If you're just over the limit, I think the other drivers just want you in front for radar bait since you're the Vette. It annoys me also. I hate being used as cruise control by another driver - sheep!

Yeah, especially on I 15 from SoCal to Vegas. The last time was incredible, not only did I have a line of cars behind me but the ones in front couldn't get out of my fast enough. I didn't have to hit the brakes once all the way from Pomona to Baker. Pretty scary considering I usually have to change lanes about a hundred times on a normal trip on that stretch of highway.

vett boy said:
I always get the college student with the Kia that wants to race.

:rotfl :rotfl Thats what I'm talking about. Use'm like a bait to get the fish to bite.

H.D.

vett boy said:
I always get the college student with the Kia that wants to race.

You give him a chance, right?? Never shifting out of 3rd! :L

Yop, I've noticed it. It can be hazardous to your Vette too. There's an electrician down the street with a 2002 EB Z06 that has been rear-ended twice.:eek The rear end on mine was replaced by the previous owner but that was one of those backing up while blind issues;).

I like to egg 'em on a little.Fun to watch the smoke coming out of the little suckers after an hour or so.

marvin32 said:
its happens to me all the time .....also im always getting someone who wants to play.at first i thought it was cool but now its getting annoying.just this sunday a guy wanted to race me in his pickup.give me a break man...........:eyerole

Depends

If I'm just cruising, I get the followers, then they come up along side checking it out, then they pull a little ahead looking back at the front and side at the same time. 90% of the time I get a:upthumbs but there's occaisionally the enticers that know all too well they can't beat me but just want to see how well I do run. Sometimes I show them, others I just let them wonder if it's all noise and no go or a little show and all go, like I said above, "depends" on my mood. Nice new addition with the 5 speed is it has a whole lot more than it ever did before top end wise, but that's where you can get in trouble.

Heavy Duty said:
I think their reasoning is to let you get the speeding ticket:ugh . What I do is find some kid with a Ricer. You know the ones with the big fart can hanging out the back of the car and the stickers plastered all over the car. Then you start playing with them and let'em get in front:naughty:. Then watch the show from a safe distance. All along being the :_rock, innocent bystander. So far it has worked a couple of times flushing the cops out of their hiding places.

H.D.
i thought about that too , " being the leader of the pack " the cops will go after me first while im getting the ticket, then everyone else drives right by. as for ricers, i dont bother to pay them any attention.

lets follow that "CORVETTE" up ahead

next time im on the hi-way, ill do the speed limit & see what happens.:D

marvin32 said:
as for ricers, i dont bother to pay them any attention.

Yea...but you got to admit, instigating :naughty: the ricers is fun. Especially when you are the instigater and they end up getting the ticket:D. I like using them as bait. Now you tell me how many cops are not going to notice this

as it is hauling a** down the highway:L. Something like that needs a ticket just by the way it looks.

H.D.

Hey Marvin32, you going to tell me you are going to do the speed limit on the freeway here in Vegas? you'll cause more accidents that way. I've lived here in Sin City for 37 years now and it just keeps getting worse.

Heck no, they're zipping past me! Still under 500-mile break-in period...and I'm in a Z!!! :cry

Get some strange looks though.

korvettekarl said:
Hey Marvin32, you going to tell me you are going to do the speed limit on the freeway here in Vegas? you'll cause more accidents that way. I've lived here in Sin City for 37 years now and it just keeps getting worse.
i was referring to "outside the city limits", but 1 thing about here is "speed up or get out the way". :)

sorbet02 said:
its happens to me all the time .....also im always getting someone who wants to play.at first i thought it was cool but now its getting annoying.just this sunday a guy wanted to race me in his pickup.give me a break man...........:eyerole
HA! Yea that is great when that happens... or the guy in the Civic with a 2 foot wing on the deck.

What annoys the hell out of me on the Interstate is the morons who get beside me. I think I am one of the few folks in Florida that understand that you should be in the right hand lane unless you are passing. I always get some dufus who gets in the left lane but wont pass. I floor it to get some distance between us and reset the cruise, sure enough in 15 minutes he is right back there again... ugh....

Don't mind them following me a bit as long as they stay back. They start tail gating I get slower and slower. They get a little perturbed at times but what the hey. Life goes on

You Serious?

Heavy Duty said:
Yea...but you got to admit, instigating :naughty: the ricers is fun. Especially when you are the instigater and they end up getting the ticket:D. I like using them as bait. Now you tell me how many cops are not going to notice this

as it is hauling a** down the highway:L. Something like that needs a ticket just by the way it looks.

H.D.

The first thing I'd do is write a ticket for obstruction of vision with those two red pieces of pipe in the drivers view unless of course, you drive it from the other side. In that case I'd issue to him just for having an ugly car or impersonating a car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom