Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you think this was an amazing deal or just average?

Brassplyer

Found this on Ebay in the Sold items. Has 10,500 crossed out and "Best Offer Accepted", so assuming they got it for under 10k.

Highlights are that it's a '79 with a 454. Car's been through a frame-off with photo documentation with a built motor. Per the description there's still some things to be done to it, but it's a driver as is. Links to more extensive photos and a couple of videos within the listing.

Assuming it's exactly as stated, how good a buy do you see this as?

Just looking to calibrate my deal finder radar with input from people with experience buying Vettes.

1979 Chevrolet Corvette Frame Off 454 Big Block | eBay

Last edited:
is it matching numbers????

Found this on Ebay in the Sold items. Has 10,500 crossed out and "Best Offer Accepted", so assuming they got it for under 10k.

Highlights are that it's a '79 with a 454. Car's been through a frame-off with photo documentation with a built motor. Per the description there's still some things to be done to it, but it's a driver as is. Links to more extensive photos and a couple of videos within the listing.

Assuming it's exactly as stated, how good a buy do you see this as?

Just looking to calibrate my deal finder radar with input from people with experience buying Vettes.

1979 Chevrolet Corvette Frame Off 454 Big Block | eBay

I wouldn't focus so much on trying to get a good deal on a vehicle as much as trying to trying to get a good value. You will probably always go backwards on any vehicle purchase when you consider taxes, insurance, repairs, add on's, and maintenance. I would focus more on getting the best vehicle possible at your price point. Always have any vehicle inspected by someone who knows the vehicle intimately. It is always cheaper to buy a quality repaired/restored vehicle for more money than buying a cheaper vehicle that is "not done".

I wouldn't focus so much on trying to get a good deal on a vehicle as much as trying to trying to get a good value. You will probably always go backwards on any vehicle purchase when you consider taxes, insurance, repairs, add on's, and maintenance. I would focus more on getting the best vehicle possible at your price point. Always have any vehicle inspected by someone who knows the vehicle intimately. It is always cheaper to buy a quality repaired/restored vehicle for more money than buying a cheaper vehicle that is "not done".

Well Said :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom