Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What do you think this '72 454 would by worth? Need to know by Saturday.

First off I didn't get it.

It was a very solid original carCarpets a little worn but now tears in the seats or cracks in the dash. Engine looked all original, even still had the ignition shielding and original air cleaner and valve covers, nothing had been messed with or modified. Original rallye wheels were in good condition as were both the rear and front bumpers. Car had tilt, air, power brakes and steering. Exhaust was almost new and the front end had been rebuilt. Car started right up, didn't smoke, sounded good and idled smooth. The owner had owned it for 12 years and knew the guy how owned it for the previous 18 years before that. The previous owner had hit the front right fender and the right rear corner (the previous owner hit a brige guard railing with it after the current owner had bought it. The fiberglass repair was good but the repaint on the repaired areas wasn't good and wasflaking a little. The rest of the paint looked to be original and was in good shape with just some knicks and rock chips. There was some survace rust underneath but nothing bad. The doors hung correctly and opened and closed easily. The oner was a farmer type about 70 years old, short and a little stout wearing bib overalls, a checked shirt and a feed cap (not who you would picture as the typical big block corvette owner. The car sold with no researve and went for $14,250. I heard that it had sat in front of his house for a few weeks with a for sale sign on it and he was asking $11k or $12k. The car was located in a rural area about 60 miles SE of Kansas City. I took a few pictures if somebody would like me to email them let me know

Kevin

the Deloren went for 17,200 it was low milage in nice shape. The tool box I wanted went for more then I wanted to spend so I bought a blast cabinet for $110 and a chop saw for $40 and a smaller box for $150; it will help relieve the overcrowding in the other boxes.;)

My auction wasn't a total bust either. I bought four heavy duty extension cords for $4, a couple of fluorescent drop lights for $2 and three gallons of waterproofing stain for $3 each. By the way a nice smaller fifth wheel travel traler sold right after the Vette for only $5,000 about half of what it was worth. Below are some thumbnails of pictures I took of the Vette, click on one to see a larger version. The close up shows where the paint was flaking from the right fender:

If there is no Vette people there you may get lucky, but if you really want it bring more then $10,000. I was at a bankruptcy auction with 4 Vettes for sale. the Nicest a 70 auto went for $11,700, a 87 went a little higher, the 90 went for 14,500 while the 75 went for $5500.
I hope you dont leave us all hanging. Let us know the outcome

It went for $14,250 and I didn't get it.

Was that $14,250 with the buyers premium. From looking at the pictures and the details the price looks spot on. I think I would have bought it at those numbers. It doesn't seem like it needed a lot of work to make it a super nice driver. BB and chrome bumpers are like an investment hedge fund. One thing is certain with a Vette- there is always a buyer so you can't loose all your money....

Was that $14,250 with the buyers premium. ..

No buyers premium. This was just a farm auction, not Berret Jackson :D So what you bid is what you pay. The auctioneer takes his cut from the seller. So $14,250 was what the buyer drove it away for. I thought that it was a very reasonable price for a solid original BB car. I really didn't need another car so I would only have bought it if it was a steel (under $10k in this case - otherwise I would be sleeping in the garage with the Vettes!

No buyers premium. This was just a farm auction, not Berret Jackson :D So what you bid is what you pay. The auctioneer takes his cut from the seller. So $14,250 was what the buyer drove it away for. I thought that it was a very reasonable price for a solid original BB car. I really didn't need another car so I would only have bought it if it was a steel (under $10k in this case - otherwise I would be sleeping in the garage with the Vettes!
Most auctions I've attended have buyer premiums, it's not just the high line auction houses. Based on your info, the buyer got a very solid car and deal. I don't blame you going for the steal, some times you get the bear and some times the bear gets you. There's always something around the corner.

I attended a yard sale on Saturday, I couldn't find anything I wanted. I got into a conversation and asked if they had any old cars for sale.
She said she didn't but her neighbor had passed and left an old car in the garage. I peeped into the delipadated garage and saw a pair of T-3 headlamps.Upon further inspection it was a 66 Impala Convertible. I've left my info with the neighbor explaining that I was interested and have someone from the estate call me. Let's see what happens.

There are too many unknowns to accurately price the car. A basket case would probably fetch 5K while a "complete" numbers matching car, even one with trashed cosmetics, should easily double that.

A true survivor or a fully restored '72 BB coupe with docs and a good set of options would probably fetch over $40K most of the time.

In between condition (and options, documentation, etc.) would result in prices between those, of course.

As for color, the only people that will matter to are you (since you're going to buy it) and perhaps a potential buyer down the line. Obviously yellow is superior, especially on a '72, but all corvettes are nice in just about any color, right? :D
hello, everyone how much would a 1975 numbers matching 4 - speed with sold frame pw windows/L .seats /air / go 4 needs brakes/and both bumper covers just like 2 no if a got a good deal

good luck with the impala i have had the same 66 ss for the last 28 years its been great now 75 vette seats next 2 it

I would bet a dealer like Pro Team bought that car. They have buyrers all over the country. With some work that would be a big money car. The C3s are starting to climb in value. Original big blocks and verts big $$$.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom