Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Dome Light Timer

T. J.

Corvette
1984 Black/Gray Cloth Coupe
I am looking for a "dome/courtesy light timer" for my 1984 Corvette. My interior lights will not turn off and that has been determined as the source of my problem. The old GM part number is 10098435 but it has been discontinued with no cross reference from GM.

Any help is appreciated.

T. J.

The question is....Do you really need it?
You can set it up so it just turns off when the doors are shut. There is thread on here somewhere the 2 wires you just jump-sorry late and going to bed otherwise I'd search.:w

Thanks, after posting this I got a reply from Davies Corvette and they have a replacement part #212019, Timer, delayed interior lamps. I had thought about jumping around also, if I could not find a replacement.

If the problem is the delay module, I figured out the circuit and can probably fix your module. Send me a pm if you're interested. Those new modules are expensive!

:w

If the problem is the delay module, I figured out the circuit and can probably fix your module. Send me a pm if you're interested. Those new modules are expensive!

:w
Hi Roy, Forgive my ignorance but are the timer and the module the same thing and where is it/are they located ?.....Roger.....:w

Roy, Thanks for the response.. I ordered the delay module from Davies Corvettes and it was pretty pricey $119.95 plus shipping, and I know have it. I am also having to have my digital dash fixed. The car just doesn't get used enough both of these problems occurred after it had been stored in my garage for about a year.

are the timer and the module the same thing and where is it/are they located ?.....Roger.....:w

Sorry for the lingo, Roger. Yes, it's the same thing. It's hidden up behind the hush panel on the pass. side. It is about 3" x 1" x 1" and is taped to a large bundle of wires up in that mess of stuff. It unplugs from a connector near the turn signal flasher.

Sorry for the lingo, Roger. Yes, it's the same thing. It's hidden up behind the hush panel on the pass. side. It is about 3" x 1" x 1" and is taped to a large bundle of wires up in that mess of stuff. It unplugs from a connector near the turn signal flasher.
Hi Roy, Thank you.....Roger.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom