Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

don'be scared, it's yust me.

J

johnny

I have my vette aroud for a few weeks, testing the new DTA sequential injection, adjusting my seats and headlights. Tryouts.

To fit the seats properly, i had to lower the seatchassis more than one inch.

The enige is running fast from 2000 rmp till 6250 rmp, wouw it sound awsome! I wich you could hear the sound, it's almost the same as a zr1 without kats and a corsa system. Topspeed in 5th gear is now 177 mph!

my headlights should be nearer to the frontbumper, because of the hood is this not yet possible, in the future I will change this.

here are the pics:

dyno, not ready yet, but for now it runs wel.

I like the look, those headlights are super. All you need now is a pair of wings to take off! 177 mph, way too fast for the pothole riddled roads of New England though. Lot's of great craftsmanship putting it all together, keep it up!

Johnny,
Great looking headlights. Fantastic craftmanship on the interior too. Any chance of 200 mph with the remaining engine mods?

TOM

Tom Bryant said:
Johnny,
Great looking headlights. Fantastic craftmanship on the interior too. Any chance of 200 mph with the remaining engine mods?

TOM

I do not think I reach 200 MPH, because the aerodynamic are not good yet. First of all, I am going to add a whipplecharger to this setup (the pizzabox wil be removed) and a custommade manifold is add. I will run this huge charger on 6 till 8 psi. I hope for a extra 100 hp.

I have already installed the Vortech 42 lbs injectors.:D

this is my example for the aerodynamics:

Is that a Vette?

totally cool pix.

Don't be scared?

I'd run screaming for cover!

You've got a MONSTER there! I really like the new headlights I think they will help with aerodynamics considerably. However, the pic of the yellow vette, the nose looks awful low to the ground, does that help with aerodynamics? I would think that the pointier nose of your C4 would split the air better, the yellow one looks like it would create a lot of resistance with such a huge surface area in the front.
Am I wrong? Or does the yellow vette's nose prevent air from going under the vette and making it "float" at high speeds?
Silver

We fear change

That may be the wave of the future but I think I wanna stay in the past.:D
Nice work Johnny. How many months a year do you get to drive over there?

Re: Don't be scared?

78SilvAnniv said:

the nose looks awful low to the ground, does that help with aerodynamics? I would think that the pointier nose of your C4 would split the air better, the yellow one looks like it would create a lot of resistance with such a huge surface area in the front.
Am I wrong? Or does the yellow vette's nose prevent air from going under the vette and making it "float" at high speeds?

Silver,

The nose of the earlyer c4 will give the vette a lift, so it becomes light in the steer. When I want to reach the 200 mph in the future, I need some thing different. I have looked carfull at the Sledgehammer wich run far over 200 mph and when you put the LPE c5 body and the Sledgehammer side by side, you see minor difference, except the LPE has a front wing. Imagen how my vette would look.

Re: We fear change

Drewser said:
That may be the wave of the future but I think I wanna stay in the past.:D
Nice work Johnny. How many months a year do you get to drive over there?

You stay in the past if you like, but the changes I made won't effect the looks that much. When I am ready, you alway will notice that THIS is a VETTE.

Everyone wanted to drive the whole year ofcourse, but is it wise? Car with this kind of performance we all drive, are no fun to drive when the weather is worse. If you don't mind driving in the rain, I would say; 9 months.

I have tried too drive the whole year with my '84 vette, but since I made a awfull spin in wintertime, I 've stopped with driving in the snow.

Mike, there's an article in the new Corvette Fever that covers the installation of those lights. At least they appear to be from the same kit. ;)

_ken :w

cool cool

thanks bro Ken!

i just think those lights look supe-sleek! :D when i make my mind up on what vette i want (looking for a 96 LT-4 one soon) i'm gonna start doing some modding to it. just havent made my mind up yet. the 87 is still stock :L

W O W!!!!

Absolutely stunning. The lights are incredible... I was blown away by the look of the tire and rim set up!!!!

I wannna drive my Vette NOW!! gotta fininsh the opti-scrap replacment....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom