Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

door hinge pins

R

redmist

The door hinge bushings on my drivers door were wasted causing a significant sag. Got a great kit from Zip.
Got the bottom pin out no problem but had to cut the top one in half in order to get it past the door skin.
I reinstalled the top one by inserting it from the bottom. There are little ridges at the top of the pin which lock it into the bushing so I don't think it will fall out. The door works great now and is aligned perfectly with the body. All the gaps are equal :0
Has anyone else done this repair without removing the hinges?
Any problem with the pin falling out?

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Related unrelated topic.

I was able to get my pins back in the normal way. However, I had the door off and the hinge bolted to the A pillar. (Is that considered cheating?)

Will they fall out? I hope not. There is only one way to find out now:bash

I came up with an idea. Now that my doors are on, gaps filled and sanded, and all shims in place, I don't want to mess any of the alignment up. My doors have to come back off to paint in the jambs. I decided to drill and install a couple of zip screws in the door to door hinge before unbolting it.

This way, when I put it back on I will rough align and bolt the main bolts, then when I put the zip screws back in the doors will be in the exact some position:J

I think this will work better than scribing lines around the hinge or putting tape around it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom