Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DOOR LIGHTS

• Thread starter Thread starter IRISH KELLY
  • Start date Start date
I

IRISH KELLY

Hi my name is Kelly just bought 1992 Corvette my first one and have problem right out the gate inter-light will not go out they stay on all the time so I have to pull fuse other wise battery goes dead when fuse is pulled for light of course I do not have heater or air anyone else have a problem like this???????

Welcome to CAC, mine did the same thing when I first bought it. My problem was the passenger door light switch wasn't pushing in far enough, so when I went around a corner, the lights go on and off. Someone put in a spacer to fill the gap.

Welcome to CAC, mine did the same thing when I first bought it. My problem was the passenger door light switch wasn't pushing in far enough, so when I went around a corner, the lights go on and off. Someone put in a spacer to fill the gap.

THANK YOU WILL TRY AND SEE IF THATS WILL FIX PROBLEM

Well I tried that build up tape to make sure door light switch was pushed in far enought they are still staying on thx for giving me something to try

IRISH KELLY

Unless you object, I will move this thread to the C4 technical area where it will get more exposure.

Where are you in Idaho? I am in Boise.

IRISH KELLY

Unless you object, I will move this thread to the C4 technical area where it will get more exposure.

Where are you in Idaho? I am in Boise.

Boise 870-7299 thx for the help I am not familiar on using this form just google and that is how I got to it

I had the same problem. Easy to fix. Take an old credit card and some scissors and a 1/4 drill bit. Cut out a round circle about 1/2. Then drill a hole in the middle of it. Then cut one side of the make shift washer so you can slip it in behind the black plastic piece thats in the door jam. Fixed.

I came up with something similiar to what rhipsher did...go to a hardware store and buy a couple of small rubber O-Rings that just barely fit on the center push pin for your door switch...it's on the back edge of the door and the center of it is basically a plastic pin that will just slide out, if it's pushed all the way in you may need to pry it a little with something so you can grab it...if you hadn't figured this much out already. If you're still having the trouble after you manage to shim out the push pin which ever way you decide to do it, then it's probably the actual switch in the door that will need to be replaced, good chance the push pin is just worn down around the ridges on it and won't stay out like it needs to anymore.

Ok thx will try that also power doors locks are not working just checked the fuse and look good but changed it just in case and still not work any advise to try before spending big bucks at repair shop thx again, getting card now to cut and go at it will let you know if that fixed it

I had few o-rings and went that way and Yep it did the job Thank You< now if I can get power locks to work it will be GREAT,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom