Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door Panel Help

• Thread starter baseballcorvette
  • Start date
B

baseballcorvette

I'm trying to replace thr carpet on my door panels.I removed the old coarpet by cutting the threads between the carpet and the vinyl.I bought a piece of foam at a fabric store to place between the back of the carpet and the panel.How do I bond or join these together [vinyl to new carpet] Do i need to take these to someone to have them resewn? how is this done?
please Help!

This may not be the "correct" way to do it but if you go to a flooring store or hardware store and tell them what you're doing and that you need some strong carpet adhesive they will hook you up. I don't remember the brand but the stuff I used to tack down a flap on my center compartment behind the seat won't budge now.

My door panels are in a terrible condition. The carpet is not that great either, if replacing it your self works, let me know. Im always looking for a cheaper way. Thanks!

Liquid nails is a pretty awesome adhesive. I have used it to glue vinyl baseboards to a carpet wall.

Get an upholstery needle and find a friend to hand sew them back on. It'll look like it came from the factory.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom