Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Door rebuild

ddahlgren

Corvette
91 Dark Green Coupe
I am almost done gathering parts to rebuild the drivers door to start as the guide pin is loose and the outer window seal shot along with a little window rattle. Since everything has to come out to get to the guide pin Ithought might as well change all the wearing parts inside so i don't have to open it back up again.. So far have..

Outter window seal
Inner windor seal
window guide
window rattle pads
hinge pins and bushings
new screws
new screw inserts
dielectric grease for electrical connectors

What lubricants for motor linkage etc??

What am I missing?? are there any bushings for the window mechanism that raises and lowers the window? Evene if no longer available no problem as I do have a very complete machine shop and can make anything that I can draw.. This will probably be around the time of christmas.

Dave

I am almost done gathering parts to rebuild the drivers door to start as the guide pin is loose and the outer window seal shot along with a little window rattle. Since everything has to come out to get to the guide pin Ithought might as well change all the wearing parts inside so i don't have to open it back up again.. So far have..

Outter window seal
Inner windor seal
window guide
window rattle pads
hinge pins and bushings
new screws
new screw inserts
dielectric grease for electrical connectors

What lubricants for motor linkage etc??

What am I missing?? are there any bushings for the window mechanism that raises and lowers the window? Evene if no longer available no problem as I do have a very complete machine shop and can make anything that I can draw.. This will probably be around the time of christmas.

Dave
;shrug;shrug;shrug Will this help??
Sorry about the circles and arrows!!:D:D:D

I have a FSM though following it allong can be confusing with writing on one page and diagrams on another..LOL it would be nice if they used color for wear items as well..sigh. What page drawing is this if off a 91 FSM or what are the parts called that you have pointed to as I can not read the jpg file..
Dave

Junk what are you trying to show me in the pic you attached for wearing parts inside the door?? I bought every wear looking item from both Eckler's and Zip I think... any further suggestions from anything available through GM still greatly appeciated as I want to do the doors and get the tires and alighnment done asap. In my book it needs to steer and stop and not sound like a rattle trap before I open the hood and ask more from the engine room..
Dave

Junk what are you trying to show me in the pic you attached for wearing parts inside the door?? I bought every wear looking item from both Eckler's and Zip I think... any further suggestions from anything available through GM still greatly appeciated as I want to do the doors and get the tires and alighnment done asap. In my book it needs to steer and stop and not sound like a rattle trap before I open the hood and ask more from the engine room..
Dave
Actually,for some reason I thought you needed a expanded view of the door so you could see whats in there!!
The circles and arrows are from me trying to help another member with his door some time ago,I couldn't find the clean copy!! There is allot of plastic things in there that wear and break!!:D:D:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom