Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

door won't open

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
now my passenger door won't open. the keyless entry never worked and the electric door locks won't open the door... anyone have any suggetions?

May not be the same problem but....

I don't have electric locks but, my passenger door wouldn't open when I bought my car. I took off the door panel and the door mechcanism were so gummed up with dirt, grime and grease they just stopped moving. Older cars have these problems with build up of stuff. After I cleaned them and re-grease now it works like a champ. Hope this helps.
Gary

with the door not opening i cannot get the door panel off any other ideas?

Moving to the 1968-1982 Technical Discussion Forum....

If you crank down the window, you can use a long screwdriver, placed vertically down inside the door to manually click the lock. I know that this is vague, but there is a tab that you can push down on that will pop the door open. Then, you can get the door panel off and pull the latch to determine what is going on. Sometimes, it can be as simple as needing to adjust the actuator lever from the outer door handle to the latch mechanism. A slight adjustment can sometimes keep the door from opening, especially if the door has been locked and then unlocked. Not sure why it happens, but it does.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom