Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: "Drive Your Corvette to Work Day"

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
"Drive Your Corvette to Work Day"

<DIV align=center><STRONG>Celebrate the Enjoyment of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region>’s Sports Car<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><st1:place w:st=
</st1:place><st1:City w:st="on">EFFINGHAM</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">IL</st1:State> – Friday, June 27th is the 8th Annual Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, sponsored by Mid America Motorworks. In honor of Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, enthusiasts across <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region> will make “<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region></st1:place>’s Sports Car” their commuter car for the day.​

<o:p></o:p>
“Drive Your Corvette To Work Day is held on the Friday closest to June 30th, when the first Corvette rolled off the assembly line in 1953 in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Flint</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Michigan</st1:State></st1:place>. We encourage every Corvette owner to drive his or her car on June 27th because it is the perfect way to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">America</st1:place></st1:country-region>’s favorite sports car,” said <st1:personName w:st="on">Mike Yager</st1:personName>, founder and “Chief Cheerleader” of Mid America Motorworks, the world’s leading supplier of Corvette parts and accessories.

Mid America Motorworks promotes Drive Your Corvette To Work Day among Corvette owners and clubs. The goal is to have as many Corvette owners as possible drive their car to work that day. Launched in 2001, Mid America Motorworks’ Drive Your Corvette To Work Day is an annual event celebrated by thousands of Corvette owners. This year’s event is especially noteworthy as 2008 is GM’s 100th anniversary. The Chevrolet Corvette is arguably GM’s greatest contribution to the automotive world.

“We understand why many owners consider their Corvette to be a special car and only drive it occasionally,” said Yager. “But we think driving your Corvette to work, at least one day a year, is an excellent way to demonstrate just how popular Corvettes are. Wave to other Corvette owners-- it’s a perfect chance for Corvette owners to meet new Corvette owners.”

<o:p></o:p>Corvette owners who observe “Drive Your Corvette To Work Day” are encouraged to send photos or high resolution digital pictures of their car at work to clubs@mamotorworks.com or <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">P.O. Box 1368</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Effingham</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">IL</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">62401</st1:postalCode></st1:address>. Mid America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible on their website, www.mamotorworks.com/corvette. Visit our site to see past DYCTWD events.<o:p></o:p>

Since I am retired, I will not be driving either of my vettes to work. However, since June 27 is the final day for Cruise Fest in Cleveland, I will be driving my 02 wherever Andre has arranged for us to be. Come on CACers, join the fun in Cleveland.
Barrett

I drive the Silver C6 everyday (even in MI) It's my daily driver and I LOVE it.

Hecox

Since I am retired, I will not be driving either of my vettes to work. However, since June 27 is the final day for Cruise Fest in Cleveland, I will be driving my 02 wherever Andre has arranged for us to be. Come on CACers, join the fun in Cleveland.
Barrett

I was hoping we wouldn't be required to leave CF for the day and go back to work! :L

I drive the Silver C6 everyday (even in MI) It's my daily driver and I LOVE it.

Hecox

Other than bad weather days, mines pretty much my daily driver too...lovin it right along with ya!

I'm vett-less (temp)I'll mark it on my 09 calander. :D

What's the delivery date on your new baby?

I take mine to work at least once a week.

I work in a somewhat dumpy area of town but i havent had any problems so far. I take the scenic route along the Ottawa river to avoid the highway congestion and i love getting up in the morning knowing that I'll have a great ride to work and back.. and i usually come back way before rush hour.

If i know that where i'm going has a safe place for my car, i'll drive it there. Either you have a garage queen or a driver, you can't have both.

Either you have a garage queen or a driver, you can't have both.

Not true! We have both!

The wifes Atomic Orange is a queen. It's only been driven about 50 miles this year! My Machine Silver, as I've stated, is my daily driver of about 200 miles a week! :L:rotfl

Hecox

I drove mine:
img366w.jpg

:thumb:beer:D
-kg

I drove mine today. And every Friday, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday and Monday, it's my daily driver!

picture.php

I drove my '05 to work today, and she loved it!!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom