Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driver door panel won't stay hooked at top edge

lone73

Corvette
'73 4spd coupe, '04 6 speed coupe
I had the left door replaced on my '96 vette due to an accident 2 months ago. The door panel just will not stay in place at the top. After about 10 - 15 door slams it jumps up off of its spot that it is hooked onto and leans inward about 1/2 inch revealing a big gap and is then floppy loose. I have completely removed it and reinstalled it 3 times and it has jumped off again. I cannot figure out whats supposed to hold it vetically downward and hooked into position other than the screws around the interior latch and pull pocket. I have all the plugs along the bottom edge in place but I would add that the door holes for those plugs in this (used) door are higher than the holes in the door panel by about 3/8 inch.

I would go back to the body shop that did the work but they are some serious losers. Already fixed several things they screwed up. Finally got the window to fit the weather strip at the top of the door myself but I just can't seem to get the door panel to stay put.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Got a scan for a repair of your problem. You have mail.

Rabbit,
Yes, please send the info to my e-mail
thanks

so what was the problem? I am curious.... how is the problem fixed? Nothing like keeping people in suspense....

CLABORN1960 said:
so what was the problem? I am curious.... how is the problem fixed? Nothing like keeping people in suspense....

Do you want a copy of the scan.

As lone 73 stated the top of the door panel comes loose over the retainer
after being shut a few times. You can fabricate an "L" bracket to keep the top portion in place. If you have this problem let me know.

Rabbit said:
Do you want a copy of the scan.

As lone 73 stated the top of the door panel comes loose over the retainer
after being shut a few times. You can fabricate an "L" bracket to keep the top portion in place. If you have this problem let me know.

sure.... send it to claborn1960@aol.com

I could use this info too....I had the same problem and ended up putting a small screw through the bottom of the inside window felt to hold it in place. You can't see it, it doesn't interfere with any of the window functions and it holds the panel like a charm.

send to skruds.five@verizon.net

I've tried before & can't get it to load..I get as far as additional options, but it won't transfer to the post. Sori. I don't mind answering the e-mails.

I guess I did something right this time?

I hear ya. Computers is almost as much fun as our Vettes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom