Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driver Seat Rebuild, How Sweet It Is !!

B

Black Ice

I just had my driver seat rebuilt on my 96 at 29Kmiles. I had some leather replaced and the seat padding changed/added with MUCH stiffer padding and MORE of it. What a difference it makes, I no longer feel like im sitting in a hole. The shop said the seat construction on Corvettes suck big time and they re do many C4 and C5 seat systems. He also said that C4 construction is bad but C5 is even worse and had 2 C5 Cps. in the shop as well.

Depending on the year and type of seats, its relatively easy to switch driverside and passengerside. As you know, fastest wear is on bolsters of driverside. My 94, I removed seat bottoms, then removed the seats from the track. Then switched seat backs. For seat cushion, you need to slice foam of passengerside and use double stick tape to add this sliced portion to the driverside(seat bottom is slightly diffrent from oneside to the other).

Did my bottom foam

BIG difference on my 88.....so the bolsters stopped digging into the side of my legs.. that's not ANY fun with Sport seats.

Vig!

I pulled my driver's seat bottom (standard black leather seats) to see how difficult it was to remove and found it to be very simple. I'd like to replace just the bottom upholstery as the back is in good shape. Has anyone found a source for just the bottoms?
I also noticed that the bottom is supported by 2 elastic straps but there are hooks for a total of 4 straps. Is this to allow for a variation in the amount of support? I also found 2 quarters apparently lost by the PO!
:cool

I havn't found a retailer yet that will sell the seat covers in parts. I sure don't know why.

Hey!

cash's90!
Looks like you have the makings of a "new seat cover" fund!

I have seen on ebay replacement foam seconds for $149.00 a set, but the leather covers are whats so pricey!

And I'm not too sure about trusting anyone to make a factory-looking seat cover for my "baby"!

If they didn't turn out like i expected, I would want my money back!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom