Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! driver side door latch

coach

Corvette
2006 coupe
Hey there .
I have a 2006 C6 and need to replace the Door latch tucked away inside the pillar , my question is on a scale of 1-10 how tricky is this job for a shade tree mechanic? , My biggest concern would be getting the latch pulled out and then having a night mare getting the release cables removed in tact from the latch and then getting them seated properly in the new unit.
1) how many cables are connected to the latch ? I know of the trunk cable and the floor mounted one is there a third from the door button itself?
2) is there a common problem with the latch mechanism that can be repaired instead of replaced ( trunk release and floor release work fine but door button and key fob and outside handle do not
any advice would be appreciated

Hey coach, welcome to CAC! :w I don't know about the common problem with the latch that can be fixed, but it is a common problem and most people just replace it. I have not had to do this one yet, but I don't believe it's too difficult. Hopefully someone who has done this repair will chime in soon with a more definitive answer. Enjoy your time here. :thumb

Hey there .
I have a 2006 C6 and need to replace the Door latch tucked away inside the pillar , my question is on a scale of 1-10 how tricky is this job for a shade tree mechanic? , My biggest concern would be getting the latch pulled out and then having a night mare getting the release cables removed in tact from the latch and then getting them seated properly in the new unit.
1) how many cables are connected to the latch ? I know of the trunk cable and the floor mounted one is there a third from the door button itself?
2) is there a common problem with the latch mechanism that can be repaired instead of replaced ( trunk release and floor release work fine but door button and key fob and outside handle do not
any advice would be appreciated

If its still relevant.......no it is not that hard to do.....in fact I have a how to post on here somewhere with pics but can't find it. None of the pics may not work anyway since they are on Photosucket. The cables are not a problem....the biggest trouble I had was getting the plastic covers off the door post. Take your time......if I can do it anybody can........ :thumb

If its still relevant.......no it is not that hard to do.....in fact I have a how to post on here somewhere with pics but can't find it. None of the pics may not work anyway since they are on Photosucket. The cables are not a problem....the biggest trouble I had was getting the plastic covers off the door post. Take your time......if I can do it anybody can........ :thumb

Hi Huskerman
I have heard that these door panels are a royal pain do you have any trick or advice that you can share in not cracking or breaking them? any and all advice is much appreciated.

Yes...let me try and find that fix it post I made here awhile back......that has all the secrets in it......:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom