Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Drivers Side Power Window

Don Schraegle

Corvette
1994 Burgandy Coupe
I have a 1994 Corvette. Several days ago, the drivers side window will not go up and down. Passenger side works fine (even from the switch on the drivers door). When you activate the button, nothing happens. Could it be the switch.

I have a 1994 Corvette. Several days ago, the drivers side window will not go up and down. Passenger side works fine (even from the switch on the drivers door). When you activate the button, nothing happens. Could it be the switch.

It could be. It could be a bad motor as well. Do you hear a noise or anything ?

No noise, no sound at all. Since it's easy to remove the switch, can anybody check it to see if it's functioning.

I had a bad right right window on my 92 and it was the motor. A good cleaning with a spray electric cleaner did the trick. I sprayed the motor, then pushed or pulled on the window while trying to lower or raise it and then sprayed the motor again once it started working. It's still working.

I had to replace a window switch on my 89.
Remove the switch and check it with a Ohm meter if it is good then check the motor but I think their is a good chance that you won't get continuity through the switch.

Here is some information from the owners manual. First thing I would do is what has already been suggested and that is to check the switch for continuity. It is the quickest and easiest of your options to solve this problem.

Power Windows and Other
Power Options

Circuit breakers​
in the fuse panel
protect the
power windows and other
power accessories.
When the current
load is too heavy, the circuit breaker

opens​
and closes, protecting the circuit

until the.problem is
fixed.

Here is some information that might be helpful if you have to dive into the window to replace the motor.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100834

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1298614

Window015.jpg

Window010-1.jpg

Window031-1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom